Talk

Advanced search

Stadium of Light, Sunderland

(12 Posts)
bellavita Fri 05-Jun-09 18:40:37

Wonder if anyone can help...

Tomorrow a group of us are travelling to the Stadium of Light for a concert. The minibus is taking us straight to the stadium. If we wanted to get something to eat say in a brasserie/pizzeria, is it far to travel ie. could we get the metro from the stadium, would it drop us off where the hive of activity is?

I have to go to work now, so will have a look at this thread when I come back.

TIA

Phoenix Fri 05-Jun-09 18:51:43

Sorry can't help but are you excited?

I am but i have got 3wks to wait yet and still not 100% sure if i'll be able to go as i'll be 37wks pg hmm

bellavita Sat 06-Jun-09 00:20:21

oh yes, very exicited!

Phoenix Sat 06-Jun-09 10:06:54

Bump for you if its not too late.

Hope you enjoy, dh says the reviews are in todays papers and it looks brilliant

lulalullabye Sat 06-Jun-09 10:11:09

envy as in Australia !!

moulesfrites Sat 06-Jun-09 10:20:18

Possible places for a meal include:

The Throwing Stones Restaurant at the National Glass Centre.

An Italian at the marina called Trattoria Due.

There is a nice Italian at the Roker Hotel, can't remember exactly what it is called though (Tavistock italia). These are all nearby and would be a very short taxi ride from the Stadium.

On the other hand you could go into Sunderland itself, which is across the river from the Stadium - get the metro to Sunderland or Park Lane. Near Park Lane there are a few little Italian restaurants Marcellos is nice. Or head for the Sunniside area where a few new places are springing up, plus the usual Frankie and Benny's etc. There is also a new restaurant called Asiana in the echo apartment building. Hopefully you will come across some friendly people who would be able to direct you to any of these.

bellavita Sat 06-Jun-09 10:24:27

Thank you smile

moulesfrites Sun 07-Jun-09 17:35:37

how was it bellavita? Have hard lots of people raving about tkae that.

bramblebooks Sun 07-Jun-09 19:27:53

OMG I was there Fri night, then clubbing saturday in Durham. Just back.

Major weekend. Am fried. Concert was absolutely amazing.

bellavita Sun 07-Jun-09 19:50:25

How fab was that concert, I have seen them on each tour now and this has to be the best - don't you think?

We had a fantastic view and couldn't have asked for better seats.

I can believe you are shattered! We got back at 2.00am this morning and I am ready for my bed!

bramblebooks Sun 07-Jun-09 20:55:47

It took until 2am to get back to the hotel from the nightmarish park and ride!

We were out until 2am last night clubbing - early night for me tonight!

bellavita Sun 07-Jun-09 21:02:11

Our mini bus driver parked up at a little retail park about a 5 min walk from the stadium, so it was just getting out of Sunderland that was the problem for us - Sunderland to York 11.15pm - 2.00am, so not bad really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now