Talk

Advanced search

Backpack/daypack for the DC's and me

(5 Posts)
MaggieW Thu 04-Jun-09 11:33:32

The DC's and I are spending three weeks in Thailand and I'm planning that we travel around a bit, so we'll probably leave our suitcase in Bangkok and then decant stuff into backpacks for the beachy/jungly part of the hol.

I'm looking for light and sturdy backpacks that will be easy for the DC's to manage (they're 6 and 7) although I won't obviously pack theirs with heavy stuff, and a comfortable one for me which will obviously be bigger, but not as big as a backpacker's backpack, ifswim! What should I look for and where should I start?

MaggieW Fri 05-Jun-09 08:04:32

bump

Clayhead Fri 05-Jun-09 08:26:57

My 7 year old manages a 20 litre Karrimor backpack and my 5 year old a 10 litre. We have only used them in this country but they can carry them for seven miles or so. HTH.

JeffVadar Sat 06-Jun-09 13:09:24

If you have a Blacks or other outdoors shop nearby I would go along and try lots on and get some advice there. Some have waterproof linings, which you may want to consider for example.

I have a karrimor sequoia 50 litre travel pack, which was perfect for a 6 weeks in India (many years ago!).

CMOTdibbler Sat 06-Jun-09 13:26:54

An outdoor shop (Cotswolds or an independant tend to be better than Blacks/Millets) will be able to give you good advice and help you try the rucksacs on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now