Talk

Advanced search

Car Seats for our giant baby

(5 Posts)
SophieSkaterina Mon 09-May-05 08:08:31

Dear Mumsnetters

Our four month old Fred has reached 18 and a half pounds already and can barely squeeze his legs into his rear facing baby car seat anymore. I have begun to look at the next size up and they all say 9 months onwards but also 20lbs onwards. Can anyone tell me if its safe to pop DS into one of these (once he hits 20lbs)? I am loathe to because he isn't quite supporting his head yet (presumably because its so BIG) but he is due to any day now. Does he have to have the motor control of a nine month old to give him the added support in the neck region? Yours in thanks already. XX S

ghosty Mon 09-May-05 08:23:06

I would get one of those second stage ones that can be rear facing too. 4 months is far too young to be in a front facing one.
My two were big too and I have a Britax something or other that went rear facing then could be switched round to front facing.
I kept mine rear facing till at least 10 months ...

fairydust Mon 09-May-05 08:25:43

sil used one of these as my niece was a big baby

ghosty Mon 09-May-05 08:28:05

That looks like the up to date version of my one fairydust, I got mine in 2000 .... looks very smart ...

SophieSkaterina Mon 09-May-05 10:30:37

Brilliant advice. Many thanks. Time to order one and put our immaculate Britax whatever it is on ebay to recoup some of the cost. Magic ebay - it makes makig mistakes like this entirely bearable.

THANK YOU THANK YOU. XX S

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now