Talk

Advanced search

I DAY IN BARCELONA

(5 Posts)
Gorionine Tue 02-Jun-09 11:00:02

We are going to spend 1 day in Barcelona with 4 DCs (10,8,5,2 1/2) between two flights. What should we definitely see during that time! I would like to have advice on child friendly things, preferably ones that have been Mnetters proofed before grin.

Molesworth Tue 02-Jun-09 11:02:52

How about taking the cable car down from Montjuic? I have never been brave enough to do this but I think it would be spectacular!

If any of your dcs are into football, a trip to the Camp Nou stadium is highly recommended.

Or just hang out on the beach and eat tapas?

Gorionine Tue 02-Jun-09 11:07:46

We have opted against the beach as we will do that in our final destination. Cable car sounds good, I am going to google it now!

Merrylegs Tue 02-Jun-09 11:16:01

Are you going soon (ie when it will be hot?). If you have just one day I would probably keep it simple and go to Parc Ciutadella (think is yellow metro line, Olympic stop) where there are playgrounds and shady walks and also the zoo.
Then I would walk down to Barcelonetta (beach) and hang out by the water and eat icecreams and have tapas.

Or you could just stroll along the Ramblas - the kids will love all the living statues - they are very entertaining.

Or if it is really hot and you want to get out of the sun the Barcelona Aquarium (green metro I think, by Port Vell) is absolutely brilliant. There is often a long line for tickets but it is really worth it and while you are queuing the kids can run up and down the steps by the water and ride on the carousel too.

Gorionine Tue 02-Jun-09 11:19:58

We are going during the last week of July.

I want to be there already after reading your post! Not sure about the Aquarium, as I would prefer something outdoorsy, but should it rain on that daysmile...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now