Talk

Advanced search

does passport photo for young DS need changing?

(8 Posts)
Shimmer Sun 31-May-09 21:26:38

Hi all. We're heading off on holiday soon and I'm a bit worried about DS's passport. I had his passport photo taken when he was about a month old and he's now 2.5. So obviously looks NOTHING like the picture now at all. I was told when we first applied that his first passport should last him til he's 5, so I'm just after some reassurance that this is the case? I know customs are quite fussy these days about making sure people have an accurate photo - should we get a new photo done before we go away??

nancy75 Sun 31-May-09 21:28:36

dd got her passport when she was a month old, we used it a couple of weeks ago (she is nearly 4) and it was fine - the photo looks nothing like her

Hulababy Sun 31-May-09 21:30:33

We never updated DD's photo until it ran out. Her photo was taken at 2 days old, she flew on the passport til she was almost 5y. Never had a problem.

amidaiwish Sun 31-May-09 21:30:54

it is valid til he's 5 so do not worr.

DD1's passport was issued when she was 8 months old and she is now 5.5, it expires in sept. the customs woman did laugh last time we went through and said "good job this is about to expire, she could be anyone!"

if they are concerned they have more complex checks, face shape, eye spacing, nose to mouth distance etc... which does actually stay remarkably consistent.

Overmydeadbody Sun 31-May-09 21:31:04

It will be fine.

The pasport will last till your DS is 5, regardless of the fact that it could be any baby in the photo grin

Shimmer Thu 04-Jun-09 09:08:15

Brilliant. Thanks everyone!

BirdyBedtime Sat 06-Jun-09 10:55:15

Just found this thread and was thinking of asking the same question myself as DD (now 4) looks nothing like the passport photo taken when she was 1 so thanks from me too!

Blackduck Sat 06-Jun-09 10:57:32

Ds's done at about 2 months and only changed when 5! (could have been ANY child frankly), only once did a passport officer raise his eyebrows at the photo - but said nothing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now