Talk

Advanced search

LA MANGA, anybody been

(5 Posts)
TreeHuggerMum1 Wed 27-May-09 17:05:16

Hi,
Am thinking of booking a cheap villa in La Manag for end of Sep, wondering what it like.
My boys will be 6 months and nearly aged 4 by then.
Thanks.

newmumof2 Sun 14-Jun-09 15:18:22

hi we went to la manga when ds1 was 4 month old in 2006 so not sure how things are there now but we had a lovely week there. we had a 1 bed villa, worked great for us, had a small kitchen with washing machine and microwave abooot so we could wash clothes and steam sterilize his bottles! tv, dvd player...

if you stay in the resort there are a few pools to choose from, we didnt get a car but there is a free shuttle bus service that takes you a-b. few restaurants there, well stocked supermarket and babysitting. you can also use the 5 star hotel's pool! it was quiet and chilled for us... it was not school hols though, but could have been a bit boring for our now 3 yr old!

hth's!

Rindercella Sun 14-Jun-09 15:24:48

I have been there twice, before DD was born, but with DSS and one of his friends. The first time was fab - a really great family holiday. DSS & friend had a ball, as did we. The 2nd time we went was in 2006 and we were quite disappointed. We found it to be quite over developed (with lots of new buildings going up all the time), and the older villas & apartments were beginning to feel a little dated.

Tbh, if I am truthful, the whole place had a slightly downmarket feel.

I would advise if you do go to choose your villa very carefully.

pagwatch Sun 14-Jun-09 15:36:17

Which villa you choose matters as parts ofthe development are lovely and established but some areas are a bit less well loved.
I was there about 18 months ago and we had a nice time in a villa next to a decent sized pool shared between about six houses.

The centre is quite nice with tennis courts and a large communal pool area, cafes and resterants.
I think owners are a bit more desperate to get rental and so the place feels less up market than it used to about ten years ago but it is nice for a quiet chill out break. But I think down market is a push - it is still a pretty long way from centre parks

You should note if you are interested that the Golf Club is in financial difficulities and last I heard was closing down - which doesn't surprise me after they turned my smartly dressed 13 year old away as his socks were the wrong length hmm

Rindercella Sun 14-Jun-09 16:00:54

I agree Pagwatch - sorry downmarket was a bit of a push. I guess we were just disappointed the 2nd time we went as we'd had such a fantastic holiday there a few years before and the 2nd time we went fell so short of our expectations.

As I said in my original post, choose your accommodation carefully. I am sure you will have a nice time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now