Talk

Advanced search

Packing baby food

(7 Posts)
Liff Tue 26-May-09 09:51:39

I am due to go on holiday with my toddler and 8 month old in a couple of weeks and wondered whether anyone had any experience of packing pre-made baby food in suitcases on a plane. Just wondered how likely they are to explode! I was planning on Ella's kitchen stuff or Plum baby food.

Any advice/experiences most welcome, thanks!

inscotland Tue 26-May-09 10:54:30

I took plum stuff on a longhaul given they are plastic containers with a proper sealed lid. Customs didn't need me to open those which was good. It's the jars they are likely to get you to open. Never heard of Ella's kitchen though.

Plums are lightweight too.

Liff Tue 26-May-09 13:33:20

great, thanks, anyone else?

Hersetta Tue 26-May-09 16:08:15

Last year when DD was 9 months I packed a plastic storage box full of plum pots, ellas fruit pouches etc and put it in my suitcase - had no problem apart from being 8kgs over my luggage allowance !!

Liff Tue 26-May-09 18:08:23

fab, thanks v much!

Liff Tue 02-Jun-09 08:43:32

anyone else? thanks

Beanmummy Thu 18-Jun-09 21:34:21

I took 4 ella's kitchen stuff, with spoons and put them in a clear plastic box - they don't need to be in a fridge until opened. It was fine going to security (they won't let the sun cream go - Bristol Airport) but the food was fine. I loved the ella's kitchen stuff too, as DS who is 31/2 liked it with icecream and Dd (6M) couldn't get enought of it...Totally great to travel with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now