Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HOliday parks - hoseasons, hoburne,weststar - which ones would you avoid and which ones would you recommned?

(15 Posts)
lisalisa Thu 05-May-05 17:51:43

Message withdrawn

Dahlia Thu 05-May-05 17:54:40

Whereabouts are you? We went to the Solway Holiday Village in Cumbria a couple of years ago, it was really cheap, lots to do, nice pool, very enjoyable holiday.

bossykate Thu 05-May-05 17:54:49

lisalisa, haven't been but a mnetter recently recommended this one and i think it looks good. i think you were looking for something by the coast - this is about a 1/2 hr drive.

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 18:02:30

OMG Sandy Balls. I would spend the whole holiday sniggering

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 18:08:38

Mind you having looked at the site in details it does look lovely. Hope I didn't put you off.

bundle Thu 05-May-05 18:09:18

fabulous name

AngelCakeUmm Thu 05-May-05 18:11:47

I went to hoseasons in Hayle cornwall about 2 yrs ago and i really disliked it! I loved the the lodge we stayed in but the park itself was the pitts!

Food was disgusting, alot of yobs there and never even attempted the pool!

I also went to cornwall last yr and went to St Ives bay holiday park and that was fantastic everything about it was great and it was very very clean i recommend it.

bossykate Thu 05-May-05 20:30:46

to all of you who laughed at the name, yes, i completely agree! but i thought it looked v. good + has an eco/green/david bellamy award thingy...

Surfermum Thu 05-May-05 20:36:37

We went to St Ives Bay holiday park a couple of years ago. It was lovely. The caravans are in the sand dunes with great views over the bay and you could walk to a great surfing beach with lifeguards. From what I remember the pool was fine. The clubhouse was popular (but not really our thing) but the good thing was that we could sit and watch dsd in the playground outside.

macwoozy Thu 05-May-05 21:05:34

I've been to Sandy balls (yeh great name) nd really enjoyed it. But I reckon the best place I've been to is Sandown Park. It's great for kids. It has 2 outside pools, one with a man-made little beach. One indoor pool. All the usual entertainment as well as crazy golf. But the one thing thtatI really liked was the fact that every caravan was enclosed by its own hedge, so it felt like you had your own little garden.

FIMAC1 Thu 05-May-05 23:43:54

I second St Ives Bay Holiday Park, which we are going to for the third half term in a row now - the Bungalows are lovely, lots of play areas, nice indoor pool and great beach

FIMAC1 Thu 05-May-05 23:46:36

Also had a drive through Hoseasons in Hayle (near to St Ives Bay Holiday Park) and agree that it looked awful! Would not touch it with a barge pole, and the beach didn't look to special there either - avoid!

lisalisa Mon 09-May-05 11:04:33

Message withdrawn

seb1 Mon 09-May-05 13:32:28

Not been yet but we are going here this year

Shorefield

lisalisa Mon 09-May-05 14:59:33

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now