Talk

Advanced search

Edinburgh Festival, anyone?

(12 Posts)
MowJo Thu 05-May-05 15:50:22

I hope this isn't too cheeky, I'm not too sure of the etiquette...

Is anyone interested in going to the Edinburgh Festivals, but doesn't want to stay in Edinburgh? (Which can be fiendishly expensive/busy etc at that time.)

We have a cottage in a really lovely village about 40 minutes' drive from the city, and can't be there at that time. We'd love to rent it out - as much to know someone was making the most of it rather than for the money iyswim.

It's on the south coast of Fife, about an hour from St Andrews and a couple of hours from the start of the gorgeous west coast scenery.

It's got a two double bedrooms, one with a sofabed, and there's a sofabed in the sitting-room. We also have a cot, and all the gubbins for a baby (we have a toddler).

Let me know if you're interested and I'll CAT you.

Pruni Thu 05-May-05 16:01:56

Message withdrawn

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 16:15:55

Very tempted. Car parking for festival was fine when I went. We drove over from nr Glasgow.

I'll consult DH when he gets in.

MowJo Thu 05-May-05 16:16:47

Well it's an easy drive and there are car-parks in the city centre, but yes, it probably wouldn't be ideal. However there is a park and ride from a nearby town and you can take the train from there too.
I was more thinking it would be good for someone who wanted to go to a couple of festival-type things in the daytime - lots for kids - or pootle about Edinburgh, but also wanted to be nearer the countryside. Fife is really gorgeous in a very low-key way, not the mining bits obviously, but hillwalking on one side and long beaches on the other.
From experience I know the festivals can be exhausting: you feel you have to 'do' Edinburgh to make the visit worth it. I thought it would be great to have a place to escape to and maybe do a few different things.

MowJo Thu 05-May-05 16:20:28

Festival dates here.

Munchkinola, if you have any qs, do ask.

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 16:22:19

Which dates are we talking about?

We are tied to school hoildays

MowJo Thu 05-May-05 16:26:30

It's free the last week of July and all of August. Thereafter we want to rent it out for 6mo/1yr.

Rent is £210 pw, £120 for half a week.

MowJo Thu 05-May-05 16:27:40

I should mention it's a lovely stone-built 250-yr-old cottage but not cramped at all (and the bed is really comfortable .)

Munchkinola Thu 05-May-05 16:35:22

Wow, sounds gorgeous. I'll check as soon as he gets in

Munchkinola Mon 09-May-05 17:42:52

MowJo

I'm going to CAT you later, just thought I'd let you know that I haven't forgotten and it's looking very hopeful

Munchkinola Wed 11-May-05 07:45:13

It wont let me so you will have to CAT me. It says there is no user with your name.

beetroot Wed 11-May-05 19:57:14

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: