Talk

Advanced search

La Baume- Frejus Would I be mad?

(12 Posts)
Gravitygirl Sun 17-May-09 21:44:13

To take a 3 and a 20 month old there?
We are also going with a 12 year old and can not find anywhere that seems to strike the balance between young and early teens....

My main worry is reading reviews that it might be boisterous with lots of older teenagers favouring the park and that the traffic volume is high as its such a large park....

But it ticks all the other boxes, any recoomendations/reviews/tips etc?
Thanks

scienceteacher Sun 17-May-09 21:47:38

Don't know about your specific site, but the Frejus area is fab.

Portofino Sun 17-May-09 21:48:42

Haven't been there but I think i was put off by the reviews. The area is great. Have you checked Tripdvisor.com?

poopscoop Sun 17-May-09 21:57:35

were you going with canvasholidays?

Lots of good sites along that coast. We love it.

Gravitygirl Sun 17-May-09 22:23:12

We have always done Eurocamp, but I am considering Canvas after seeing how nice their tents were last year ( in comparision to ec). Do you have any reccomendations for good campsites that are lively ish.... but safe enough fir young ones too?

We went to Frejus as kids and I can not wait to go back!! I agree lovely area...

sunnyshine Sun 17-May-09 23:15:52

hi, went last year with Siblu. was very large and quite noisy at night with people moving around. the pools are lovely and we had a great holiday. we didnt venture out much with 2 little ones at night but the area is beautiful and we had a great holiday. we would go back to this site again. it was very secure and friendly.

Gravitygirl Mon 18-May-09 08:35:44

sunnyshine, would you say it was ok for young kids? and that the 12 year old would be ok there too?

I really fancy the site but the reviews give the impression that it is going to be overrun with teenagers cavorting everywhere 9 which I have no objection too) as long as its safe for my littlies.

3monkeys Mon 18-May-09 23:19:50

We're going next Tuesday with 3 aged 9 7 and 3. Am slightly worried about noise at night but we're going to just try and go with the flow!

3monkeys Wed 20-May-09 18:55:35

Those of you that have been, how easy is it to get to beaches near by?
We're not hiring a car so wondered whether there are buses handy

Joggler Wed 20-May-09 19:00:49

a mate of mine went. loved it.

Teenagers can be kind to littlies you know!

LoobsV Mon 15-Jun-09 20:46:42

HI, we just got back from a fortnight with pur 2 and 3 year olds. It was great!
When are you going? Although it was pretty busy when we were there, it was nothing like full, so I can imagine in peak season it will be rammed and noisy.

Gravitygirl Wed 17-Jun-09 11:13:23

Ohhh, did you ahve a good time ? any tips?

How did you find the campsite etc????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now