Talk

Advanced search

Holiday parks in Devon

(16 Posts)
Cherryblossom Wed 04-May-05 10:35:23

Can anybody let me know of any good holiday parks in Devon. We are taking 3 kids 10, 7 and 12 months and would like to be close to a nice sandy beach (no pebbles).

elliedragon Wed 04-May-05 10:41:59

I come from Woolacombe which has a fantastic sandy beach. There is the Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parc which have a few sites in the area.

unicorn Wed 04-May-05 18:10:27

this may help

FIMAC1 Wed 04-May-05 20:32:05

Can defintely recommend Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parcs - we go every year - have stayed at all three (Golden Coast, Twitchen and Woolacombe Bay) but usually go with the Sun holiday offer as it is quite expensive otherwise - we were there last weekend for the Bank Holiday and it was totally fab as usual (Woolacombe Beach) Blue Flag and great for body surfing, we love it there

FIMAC1 Wed 04-May-05 20:33:49

PS the beach is threee miles of golden sand - no retouched pictures, it really is that nice! With a few good old fashioned rock pools to the right of it - in fact, why am I broadcasting our 'find' on here - no its rubbish there honest - don't gooooooo.....!!!!!!

FIMAC1 Wed 04-May-05 21:00:54

This link has interactive pictures of the beach:

http://www.wherenow.net/117~97~76~456.html

I must stop, I must stop....

ButtonMoon Wed 04-May-05 21:21:15

Haven Devon Cliffs is very good. Great facilities and access to a lovely beach.

Cherryblossom Thu 05-May-05 08:59:17

Thanks everyone, they all sound and look great. Got a difficult decision to make between them now. I'd love to try them all!

lisalisa Thu 05-May-05 13:27:40

Message withdrawn

FIMAC1 Thu 05-May-05 15:39:25

Every so often the Sun newspaper do a holiday offer, I think it has just gone up to £15 a 3 or 4 night break. If you can actually bring yourself to purchase said paper you have to collect about 6 tokens - enter dates you would like (usually out of the school hols) and put down choices of sites - they do all over the UK and some in Europe. You aren't guanteed to get a holiday though, it depends on supply and demand.

We are thinking of staying at the Woolacombe Bay hotel next time, in one of their apartments. It looks really nice there and is just off the centre of Woolacombe itself (going all posh next time!)

lisalisa Thu 05-May-05 17:28:08

Message withdrawn

FIMAC1 Thu 05-May-05 17:55:40

Should have said it is £15 per person per break (it used to be £8.50 each but the last offer was at the higher price). Fraid it is looking out for the offer - the Express do the same offer too - they seem to run them twice a year, spring and autumn

hth

KathH Fri 06-May-05 15:02:39

We went to the Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks a couple of years ago with The Sun £9.50 offer - stayed in a lovely lodge and felt very smug when the people in the next lodge which was identical told us they'd paid about £350 for their holiday!

lisalisa Mon 09-May-05 11:15:37

Message withdrawn

hoxtonchick Mon 09-May-05 11:18:33

fimac, we stayed in the apartments in the woolacombe bay hotel last year - it was lovely. went with all the in laws, 4 families in all, & we each had a separate flat - perfect. you get to use all the hotel facilities, & there's loads of stuff for children. even better, my parents-in-law paid.... have a good time.

FIMAC1 Mon 09-May-05 17:35:58

hoxtonchick

Thanks for the info - look forward to it

Just need to get the In-laws to pay too.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now