Talk

Advanced search

Periyali Villas, Zakynthos

(9 Posts)
minxi Tue 03-May-05 15:54:50

Has anyone been to Periyali Villas ? What to expect, am travelling end June for two weeks with 4 year old DS and other DS who will be nearly 2. Have booked the creche for the first week for both and then the second week only for the youngest - is there much else to do... are there washing facilities close by (daft ? not as my eldest was sick last year in hotel cost us nearly 100 pounds to have clothes cleaned then found cleaners who would have done the same lot for a fiver!) Any advice great...

Willow2 Wed 04-May-05 10:16:55

Have been twice - do a search under Periyali or click on this By the way, I think you can now hire airconditioning units on site - would be worth it in my opinion.

minxi Wed 04-May-05 15:06:16

Thanks Willow2 - very helpful. Staying in the Villa Hera which is 2 bed single storey, useful for the children..Thanks again for the info.

Willow2 Wed 04-May-05 15:57:41

Let me know if you want more information. Sandre the handyman is just so lovely - so I hope he is still there as he is really good with children. On our second trip he greeted us with open arms. The next day his first child was born and he invited us to his house to meet his wife and baby - little did we know that the Greek tradition is to shower your guests with gifts so we left carrying bags of chocolate... how sweet is that? We sent him some photographs of his family and ds, so I hope he got them.

Forgot to mention, it's definitely worth doing one of the boat trips to try and see the turtles - you are going around the right time - your four year old will love it.

Cat me if you want any more information. I would love to go back one day but we are going back to Lefkas this year. Lefkas town is on the doorstep so there is more to do in the evenings - so suits us better as ds is five now. Downside is the location isn't as breathtaking - Periyali really is quite beautiful - and the beaches aren't as great.

God, I could bore for England on this topic...

minxi Sun 19-Jun-05 10:35:13

Willow can you help me with advice on what pushchairs to take - husband wants to take double pushchair away to Greece - is that wise or worth it.... I would rather take two singles for DS 4.5 and DS nearly 2... also easier on aircraft - what do you think ? Can you definitely hire air conditioning units ?!

Willow2 Mon 20-Jun-05 10:54:10

Just emailed you - but here's what I sent...
I would take two singles - for starters, the cars aren't that big - unless you have upgraded. Also, you are out in the countryside, so don't expect big, wide pavements (if any). Likewise, Zante town - which is worth a visit or two -has narrow pavements.

I believe you can now hire air conditioning and, if so, would recommend you do so. It can be really hot out there - and swelteringly hot at night. Which house are you in? We were in Erato (two years running).

Hope you have a lovely time

Willow2 Mon 11-Jul-05 14:03:38

Did you have a good time?

minxi Thu 28-Jul-05 11:34:13

Willow2 - had a fabulous time, little bit desperate to get away from the fried food and in need of a decent glass of wine by the end of the two weeks but place was gorgeous, weather was amazing - Sandre was still there and his little boy demetrios (I think that was his name) is nearly 3 and he played with my two. Also did the boat trip and saw turtles. Not sure if I would go back but loved it and would also now recommend to anyone interested. Think Periyali villas alongside Gerakas was voted the best place in Europe for young childrn in the Sunday Times a few weeks back...

Willow2 Mon 08-Aug-05 12:35:32

Good, glad you enjoyed yourself. It is a bit remote and the food does get rather boring by the end of two weeks, but think it is a great place for young kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now