Talk

Advanced search

Travel cot help

(5 Posts)
Vizzle Fri 08-May-09 14:54:31

Can anyone recommend a small, light travel cot?

I'm taking my eight week old dd to the south of France to stay with my mum. She suggested the baby sleeps in a drawer - and she wasn't even joking! Apparently, that's what they did when I was little... they leave it open, obv. Sounds nuts to me though!

Also, if money's a bit tight is it OK to borrow travel cots or is that unhygenic?

Directskiandsun Fri 08-May-09 17:53:07

The 'sleeping in a drawer' thing is right - my mum used to say that too, and actually did it I believe....not herself you understand, one of her babies. smile The drawer is removed completely and put on a low surface or the floor by the bed.

As for borrowing a travel cot, I'm not sure what current wisdom would be regarding the mattress.

tvfriend Fri 08-May-09 17:56:28

Regarding borrowing them...whenever we have stayed in a hotel/cottage etc and they provide a cot it has always been a travel cot. As long as you put a fresh sheet on it should be fine I would have thought. An 8 week year old will not be standing up and chewing/licking the sides yet..

Also heard the drawer thing- the gopod thing with an 8 week old is that couldn't give a damn where they are!

mumoverseas Sat 09-May-09 14:42:56

hi,
we bought a really good samsonite pop up baby cot which is really small and compact and then just pops up into a little cot suitable for up to around age 4 - 5 months. We bought it on ebay, brand new for around £25.
I would offer to lend it to you but we're in the middle east so its a long way to post it to you wink

missusp Wed 03-Jun-09 20:16:41

There is a pop up travel cot that also doubles up as a UV tent - Nscessity uv travel centre. Looks really good and has an inflatable mattress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now