Talk

Advanced search

Simply Travel - what a con!

(5 Posts)
MissChief Thu 28-Apr-05 14:20:46

rant, rant, rant - as heavily pregnant paid substantial amount to book supposedly "easier" option of all-inclusive hol for 3 of us with ST (now part of Thomson), rather than booking independently and therefore much more cheaply direct with airline & accom. Booked a while ago and even after several lengthy calls to bored staff in call centre promising will send out today Ms X, STILL not received confirmation of booking, tickets, details of upgrades - anything! The latest person I spoke said "sorry for the wee problem"
(guess where she's based!) - no it's not a matter of life or death but don't they believe in customer service in that company??

Am now doubtful of what hol will be like - had wanted relaxing hol with ds, dh. Anyone else used them recently? If so, was it also a nightmare or have we been unlucky?

Blu Thu 28-Apr-05 14:34:45

I've used them - but booked fairly last minute. I thought they were good....hope it gets sorted soon. how long before you go?

MissChief Thu 28-Apr-05 14:36:14

uh, 1 week, hence why I'm so hassled..
thoroughly p*ssed off with them already, certainly need a hol now!

jamiesam Thu 28-Apr-05 14:38:53

Hi, My big sister has often travelled with them, but before they were part of Thomsons I think. She raves about the accommodation etc, but have never been able to afford to follow her recommendation.! Good luck with call centre and have a great holiday.

MissChief Thu 28-Apr-05 14:41:04

thanks! I'll stop stropping like a princess now and cross fingers for magic appearance of all necessary documentation...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now