Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Cyprus for holiday?

(7 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Tue 26-Apr-05 20:59:00

Dh has two weeks off in August. We have decided to take a week away somewhere. Haven't decided where yet. I have never been to Cyprus but quite fancy going. Can anyone recommend a good part to stay in and good child friendly accommodation?
TIA x

deegward Tue 26-Apr-05 21:10:16

We went to Protaris (sp) last year and stayed in the Constantinos the Great, for two weeks with our two ds. (then 4.5 & 1.5) kids loved it, and we are going back again to the same hotel this year!

Cooperoo Wed 27-Apr-05 13:52:42

I live in Cyprus and it is fantastic but do be prepared for just how hot it is in August. People are often surprised how close to Egypt and the middle east it is and therefore just how hot it gets. I go back to the UK in July and August. Sorry I can't help with places to stay but the locals are very friendly and children are welcome everywhere. It is very refreshing to take dd out to restaurants without anyone batting an eyelid. In fact she is treated better than any of the adults!
The east has the best beaches I think but we have only travelled there once. We spend most of our time in the south west as that is where we are located and there is plenty to do. We are near Limassol but wouldn't recommend there for a hol as the beaches are not great although some of the hotels are wonderful. HTH

SPARKLER1 Fri 29-Apr-05 09:08:50

Thanks very much.

Cristina7 Fri 29-Apr-05 09:33:09

We wnt twice, to Limassol, Protaras and Nicosia. Protaras has a lovely beach. My sister lives in Cyprus but takes the kids to Romania over the summer and leaves them with my parents there for a few weeks. We went in January and early July. July was quite hot. Have a lovely time.

Cristina7 Fri 29-Apr-05 09:36:53

We wnt twice, to Limassol, Protaras and Nicosia. Protaras has a lovely beach. My sister lives in Cyprus but takes the kids to Romania over the summer and leaves them with my parents there for a few weeks. We went in January and early July. July was quite hot. Have a lovely time.

serenity Fri 29-Apr-05 09:49:08

DH is Cypriot, and we have family over there.

August is hot, very hot, incredibly scorchingly hot! Cyprus is a lovely country, but I personally wouldn't go in August. We did it once prekids (last week of July/first week of August) and spent 3 hours each afternoon sleeping under the air conditioning! There is no respite at night and you burn really quickly. Now we have the Dkids we only go during the summer half term or the october half term.

Have fun whatever you decide to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now