Talk

Advanced search

After we get scan results a break might be nice but where?

(8 Posts)
Thomcat Tue 26-Apr-05 14:04:47

I think after whatever happens at the next scan D and I could do with having a night in a hotel somewhere to get our heads round whatever news we get.

We're in London, don't want to travel far, no more than 2 hours drive and not expensive and suitable for us and for Lottie.

I was thinking possibly Brighton but not sure where to stay. pellirocca great but might not be massively child friendly.

Any other suggestions?

bluesky Tue 26-Apr-05 16:11:51

Hotel du Vin is lovely, and they have great rooms and yummy food.

Marina Tue 26-Apr-05 16:14:23

Whitstable has a nice hotel, The Grand, and the Oyster House rents out adorable converted fishermen's huts on a B & B basis.
If you feel the need for quiet space to be by the sea there might be something suitable in Orford/Dunwich/Southwold? The Suffolk and North Essex coasts are so beautiful.

Fio2 Tue 26-Apr-05 16:16:30

its the hotel continental marina that lets out the fishermans huts, think they have changed their name from the grand

mancmum Tue 26-Apr-05 16:48:47

try the priory inn in glousterhsire... it has fab restaurant and loads of things for kids and bay listening facilities so you can have a nice meal together...

Priory Inn

My SIL went and she said it was lovely... it has ahd loads of reviews in guardian and other travel mags -- the owner used to be chef at Gary Rhoedes restaurant...

soapbox Tue 26-Apr-05 16:53:06

Eastwell manor - is beautiful

It has lovely self catering cottages attached to the hotel which would give you a bit more space for Lottie. The spa is fabulous and the grounds just wonderful.

If you fancy an outing with Lottie then Howletts or Port Lympne zoos are fairly close by.

Dinner is yummy too and I think they have baby listening at the hotel!

Twiglett Tue 26-Apr-05 16:57:43

Suffolk is lovely if you can find a good b&b .. there's a fabulous farm park (Easton Farm Park) an otter and deer sanctuary, a safari park with a little train that takes you on a tour, or you can walk round plus loads of beaches (either pebbles or mixed)

its about 2.5 hours from SE london (straight up A12)

Thomcat Tue 26-Apr-05 18:03:03

thank you. Will put your suggestions to the board!
they all sound lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now