Talk

Advanced search

sun shades/parasols

(23 Posts)
grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 21:36:13

Hello
I am looking for a decent sunshade/parasol for a Maclarens Techno XT. Has anyone bought that hijab-looking thing from Boots? Is it as noticeably ugly as it appears? Any other advice for a good, easy to fit sunshade?
thanks

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 21:37:08

Message withdrawn

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 21:38:15

sorry, Arabic woman cover-up garment with nothing visible

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 21:38:36

Message withdrawn

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 21:41:02

Boots website, travel

cod Mon 25-Apr-05 21:42:55

Message withdrawn

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 21:46:37

right,thanks, I know the sort, but they look so finicky. inexplicably drawn to this ugly thing but it just looks so overprotective parent, though maybe not in real life

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 21:49:40

can u find me a link for it, am on the travel section but cant find it!

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 22:03:14

http://www.boots.com/shop/productlist_newtemplate.jsp?classificationid=1029972

sorry, took me ages. this is the link

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 22:03:15

http://www.boots.com/shop/productlist_newtemplate.jsp?classificationid=1029972

sorry, took me ages. this is the link

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 22:05:10

tis not working

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 22:20:29

flippin eck
the server has slowed to camel pace
well, it's under accessories for pushchairs, under travel

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 22:21:21

the shade a babe? it does cover a lot doesnt it. wonder if it fits an e3 lol.

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 22:23:43

sorry, what's that?

anchovies Mon 25-Apr-05 22:26:38

If it's a shade a babe you mean, they're really good. No messing about changing the angle of the parasol that falls of every time you touch it. And misdee yes it does fit the e3!

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 22:35:24

thanks, anchovies. I may get one, though it's not ideal. maybe surf US/Aussie sits.

anchovies Mon 25-Apr-05 22:37:12

Some pushchairs have one especially for them IYSWIM, the e3 for example has its own version, don't think maclaren do though. Why is it not ideal?

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 22:39:37

well, we spend a lot of time in Spain and so dd would generally see the world through a black gauze and i just find it a bit sinister looking. did it go unnoticed, or did you get a lot of comments?

anchovies Mon 25-Apr-05 22:42:23

It's actually suprisingly see through from the inside, just looks black from a distance. It's just like the equivalent of being in the shade.

To be honest I did feel a bit weird about it at first but ds is always so cool and happy under it, plus people with parasols/towels etc shading their children tend to ask where it came from, I don't worry about it now.

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 22:47:13

ok, thanks anchovies. hmmm, still undecided but in the absence of anything else i will probably buy. wonder why no choice of colours.

anchovies Mon 25-Apr-05 22:50:43

Just asked my dh actually whether he thinks the shade a babe is sinister and he said yes - he reckons it looks like we are trying to hide our baby! Not such a positive opinion on it then than I gave! Good luck in your hunt!

grumpygriselda Mon 25-Apr-05 22:53:22

that is exactly what my dh said. No, I'm definitely not going to buy now. Yuk, what a thought. Back to the parasol and large muslin, then. thanks for your thoughts.

Cooperoo Wed 27-Apr-05 14:03:21

We have a shade a babe (navy) and it is perfect for us as we live in Cyprus and it means I can go out with out worrying about dd being in the sun. It has been well worth it for us. When we arrived we were the only ones with one and I did feel a bit like the paranoid Mummy however 18 months later there are loads of them around. DD hated not having it on as the sun was so bright. She is now two and we have only just stopped using it. We have used it on the Maclaren Quest, Urban Detour three wheeler and a Graco/Britax style travel system no probs. They don't look great but I would rather she was protected anyway. On the packet it says it stops prying eyes or something which did make us think that was a bit extreme but didn't put us off. It has been doubly useful as at night it makes the pushchair dark so dd drops off to sleep while being pushed around and then we could go out to eat etc without her waking up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: