Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Store and restaurant openings for Easter in Cyprus

(9 Posts)
melsy Mon 25-Apr-05 20:31:39

Is it affected at all , or as its 1st month of the tourist season is everything open? I think some have been in May ??

melsy Tue 26-Apr-05 09:08:12

bump for morning

melsy Wed 27-Apr-05 10:13:56

bump for anyone whos been or lived in cyprus

Cooperoo Wed 27-Apr-05 13:44:08

Hi there.
Alot of the shops will be shut from the Friday to the Monday however the big supermarkets should be open apart from the Sunday and Monday. In the touristy areas I would expect most places to be open as usual especially the restaurants. Easter is a much bigger celebration than Christmas though so best to be prepared. HTH. I can try and do some more specific homework for you if you want.....

melsy Wed 27-Apr-05 13:48:14

were staying in paphos , just wanted to check that we can buy nappies etc when we get there. We get there Sunday afternoon.

Good that you think restaurants will be open.

serenity Wed 27-Apr-05 13:55:19

You might find a tourist shop open, but I would honestly take enough to last until Tuesday just in case.

As cooperoo said, easter is huge over there. I'm very jealous, we're having our Easter Sunday BBQ in sunny South London. I would much rather be lounging by the pool, with a nice frappe

Have a nice time!

Cooperoo Wed 27-Apr-05 14:09:04

V good advice from Serenity IMO. Take enough nappies! If you are going to Paphos check out the bird park out towards Coral Bay. DD enjoyed this when we went last year. Fantastic Italian restaurant in Coral Bay too on the left just as you drive in. Enjoy!

serenity Wed 27-Apr-05 14:19:58

Cooperoo are you in Limassol or am I thinking of someone else?

There wasn't anyone posting from Cyprus and now I think there are quite a few Mums on here! Just curious as to whether you are GB expat, Army wives or Cypriot?

Cooperoo Wed 27-Apr-05 14:24:42

I am just outside Limassol.....We are here with the RAF, and loving it, although beginning to miss home a bit now esp as I have a new baby due in June. We only have until Jan though so we are making the most of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now