Talk

Advanced search

Any tips to prevent painful ears for my DD

(5 Posts)
supersonic Mon 25-Apr-05 17:58:16

Hi,

We are leaving for Florida on 1/5 and I was looking for tips and advice on tying to stop my DD who is 4 in June from getting painful ears during take off and landing - I was told Sudafed may help if taken before take off and then calpol befor elanding - will it be okay to take the Joyrider tablets with these do you think - it sounds like I am drugging her up- I just really don't want to her to experience the pain tht some people do when flying

marne Mon 25-Apr-05 18:07:26

Sucking sweets is suposed to help.(but ive never tryed it)

NotQuiteCockney Mon 25-Apr-05 18:11:04

What really helps when landing and taking off is swallowing. So sucking sweets, drinking something, sucking her thumb, anything in that line, that gets her swallowing, will do the trick.

I wouldn't drug her for it, unless she's got some sort of sinus problem that would be likely to cause a problem. Just encourage her to swallow. If that doesn't work, trying to blow your nose, but with both nostrils held closed, will sort it out.

triplets Wed 27-Apr-05 20:15:50

Hi,
One of my trio Thomas aged 7 suffers badly with his ears when flying. We flew to Florida last Oct and I bought him some special earplugs from Boots called earplanes, they are different to the usual type I also let all three have their first taste of chewing gum when we took off, success! Don`t know if it was the gum or the ear plugs but it worked!

Aimsmum Wed 27-Apr-05 20:47:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now