Talk

Advanced search

Dont want to drive in Italy but will we be bored or stuck?!

(3 Posts)
Empress Fri 22-Apr-05 13:43:14

I've booked a camping holiday in Italy for me and 2 kids, 50 miles from Venice. I dont want to hire a car because I can't really afford the extra cost and I'm a nervous driver. Anyone holidayed without a car in the area? Did you feel very stuck being on campsite for whole time? And how do I find out how to get from airport to campsite without a car? Have I made a big mistake!!!

virago Sat 23-Apr-05 10:04:55

Empress, where abouts are you staying?-I lived in Venice, and in Caorle, along the coast towards Trieste, for a while in 2001.(Holiday Rep). The public transport system is fantastic, with buses etc. very cheap and easy, and trains too You can buy train tickets in local travel agencies, so you can go and buy stuff in advance and get the timetable details and tickets from someone who speaks English if you're Italian's not up to much. Which airport are you flying to? Verona has an excellent bus connection into Verona city, and then local services all over the place. Italian people just adore children too, you will have lots of offers of help, and all bars/restaurants etc. are used to having children/babies around - it is quite usual to see people out with their children having dinner at 10 at night! Tell me where you're going and I'll see if I can dig up some info for you.

Caligula Sat 23-Apr-05 10:53:29

Ooh, how can you be bored in Italy?

Have a good holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now