Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gatwick hotels NOT travelodge !!

(9 Posts)
melsy Thu 21-Apr-05 20:20:37

Mainly because it was vile and disgusting, so thought that may be Travel Inn would be better. Wondered if anyone else has stayed at that one???Or has Travelodge been blown up and redecorated in the last 3 years ???!!!

Just wanted somewere reasonably clean, cheap £40-£50 and not depressing for the 1st night of hols, as have to be at airport at 6:30-7:00am and live 60miles away !!

LIZS Thu 21-Apr-05 20:37:30

We stayed at the Travel Inn close to North Terminal 2 1/2 yrs ago though - here - but it was only overnight and for that it was fine. There are some excellent b and b's within 10 minutes or so with off-airport parking/transfer included. Think there may be an archived thread with a couple of recommendations.

LIZS Thu 21-Apr-05 20:43:32

Have a scan of these although they may be a little more than your budget.

melsy Thu 21-Apr-05 20:53:06

thanx for that , just had a horrid night at travelodge last time. Forgot about Holiday Inn express.

tallulah Fri 22-Apr-05 18:11:05

We stayed at the Gatwick travelodge 3 weeks ago for £40 & it was fine.....

MrsS Fri 22-Apr-05 19:02:12

I would thoroughly recommend a small hotel near Gatwick called Ifield Court. Great service and great food. Have been using them on and off for 10 years and noone I've recommended it to has ever been disappointed

triplets Sat 23-Apr-05 22:48:24

I hate to give my secret away but to fellow mums I will! Collendean Barn at Horley! 10 mins to the terminal, an actual farm with wonderful barn conversions, you get your own mini cottage for the night and you can leave your car there and Christine will take you to the airport and pick you up, inc breakfast which is toooooooooo much, all for less than the price of off site parking! 100% RECOMMENDED and if you take old wellies the kids can go in the fields, visit the sheep and if its warm enough there is a swimming pool, its perfect!

emmatom Mon 25-Apr-05 11:51:18

MrsS and triplets - do you have a website or any contact details for your places please?

melsy Mon 25-Apr-05 21:19:32

sounds like a little holiday in itself triplets. Dh has gone and booked travelinn & parking now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now