Talk

Advanced search

September sun, independent package.

(7 Posts)
Blu Thu 21-Apr-05 19:53:16

2 weeks in late september, somewhere hot, can be long haul, not rainy season, somewhere we can book accommodation and flights independently, not a resort-hotel place....Caribbean? Mexico? India? S Africa?
Can anyone help me be more focussed?

flashingnose Thu 21-Apr-05 19:54:25

Hang on, I though you were going to Cornwall

hoxtonchick Thu 21-Apr-05 19:55:49

we went to the caribbean at the end of october last year & it was great. got cheap flights (about 200 quid each i think) & shopped around for cheap accommodation, ended up in a posh resort for not very much money. did both flights & accommodation on the web. it wasn't boiling hot, around 27-30 degrees, but that was what we wanted. we didn't take ds with us but regretted it as he would have had a ball.

oh, it was officially the rainy season, but it was mostly showers at night, not a problem at all.

Blu Thu 21-Apr-05 19:56:45

yes, for a week in June!
Usually I book something off lastminute.com about a week before we decide to go. TRying to plan ahead a bit more!

Blu Thu 21-Apr-05 19:57:31

Hoxtonchick - which island?
that sounds great...£200 flights etc!

hoxtonchick Thu 21-Apr-05 19:59:03

Antigua. Direct flights too, which was a bonus. We only did it a few weeks in advance though...

oh, just noticed you don't want a resort. but we did find lots of self catering stuff when looking.

Blu Thu 21-Apr-05 20:14:07

I'm getting excited...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: