Talk

Advanced search

Taking ALL the family......................

(8 Posts)
LittleMissShy Thu 21-Apr-05 19:01:21

We live in the middle east and to make things easier for us we have asked both sets of parents and sisters/brothers etc if they would like to join us on holiday next year!!!! (2006)

This would save us coming to the UK for our hols and traveling up and down the country trying to please everybody and feeling exhausted by the time we got home and feeling like we haven't really had a holiday.

Has anybody else tried this, we would have people leaving from London and Manchester, would it be best to book a hotel or villas next/near to each other...what would you recommend.

I know we are mad for even thinking it.

Over to you, wise mumsnetters

KathH Thu 21-Apr-05 21:17:45

when my husband was 40 we went to lanzarote. me, dh, ds1, dd1, dd2, my mum, his mum, his dad & his stepmum, his sister and her hubby, my sister and her hubby and their ds, his step sister, her husband and their ds and dd. We all had apartments next to each other. It was great - everyone else thought we were mad but it was really good! Everyone did their own thing in the day and we all went out together at night. Felt like i needed a register tho!

LittleMissShy Fri 22-Apr-05 08:16:40

Thanks KathH, this is the kind of holiday we are thinking about, there will be old and young and babies.

Did you book through a travel agent or did you book flights and accommadation separately??

Just trying to figure out the best way of booking it, it could possible be 17 adults, 7 children!!!!

dyzzidi Fri 22-Apr-05 08:42:14

Well We take my dad and young stepsister on holiday with us and usually my sister and her two kids we normally book a villa in florida with travelcare. It costs around £600 per adult and the standard is superb. You may be able to get three/four willas next to one another.

Also good luck I am geting married in Vegas and have booked for 16 of us it's a nightmare pleasing people.

We find florida has it all the weather, the golf, the themeparks and of course the shopping.

LittleMissShy Fri 22-Apr-05 10:51:18

Congratulations and good luck with the wedding plans dyzzidi

I thought of Florida but we have 7 to 8 hour flight to the UK from Dubai to begin with, ds will be 5 yrs by then and not sure if we will be up for another long haul flight as well!!! That's why was thinking of Spain, Greece or Portugal so we could fly to from here easily enough.

Would love to go to Florida cos I've never been

tiredemma Fri 22-Apr-05 14:48:41

it would work out cheaper to book apartments all near to each other,as opposed to a hotel. most apartment complexes have excellent childrens facilities now aswell.

KathH Fri 22-Apr-05 17:20:09

went thru direct holidays

WestCountryLass Sat 23-Apr-05 12:15:02

I'll let you know! We are to Mexico in June with SIL/BIL and their kids, our kids and FIL and his GF

We are staying at an all-inc resort, which will be nice as we won't have to do anything although sometime sit is nice to sort yourself out when you have young kids. We are moving house though just before we go so we will be glad of the rest!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: