Talk

Advanced search

Food for 19mth on BA flight

(14 Posts)
Shazzler Tue 19-Apr-05 19:19:52

Just wondering if anyone knows if my dd will get anything to eat on my BA flight tomorrow. She does not have a seat as she is under 2 but I don't know if she will be fed.

TIA

Mosschops30 Tue 19-Apr-05 19:23:39

Message withdrawn

Shazzler Tue 19-Apr-05 19:29:42

First one is just an hour

Second one is 2.5 to 3 hours, not exactly sure.

Cooperoo Tue 19-Apr-05 19:30:34

IME no she won't get fed. Sorry. We have had alot of flight with dd and BA. We feed dd the bread rolls and cheese from our trays and take food on for her. She gets a meal this summer though as she is now two and we have to pay for a seat. Enjoy your trip! Where are you going?

Cooperoo Tue 19-Apr-05 19:33:02

Our flights have all been Cyprus to the UK and so 4.5 - 5 hrs and no food provided. Also be aware the changing tables are impossible to use unless you have a baby. Too small for toddlers. Have fun. Hope you get a bulkhead seat.

Mosschops30 Tue 19-Apr-05 19:34:12

Message withdrawn

Shazzler Tue 19-Apr-05 19:35:21

We are flying from Inverness to Gatwick then Gatwick to Naples.

Not worried about nappy changing cos she uses the toilet - very happy she has mastered that before we went.

Will take some food but not sure what - any ideas?

SoupDragon Tue 19-Apr-05 19:35:52

With Virgin (long haul) your child gets a meal even if they don't have a seat provided you phone the airline and book it. I wonder if BA operate the same service if they are serving food at all.

Mosschops30 Tue 19-Apr-05 19:36:17

Message withdrawn

coldtea Tue 19-Apr-05 19:38:53

I flew back from Spain & dd wanted ds's dinner, i asked if i could buy her a dinner & they told me no but on the inbound flight i could ask & buy a buffer meal(apparently they're the spare meals kept for the vegetarians).

Don't know if this is any help! Best to pack something though as they were going to charge me £15 for that meal!

Shazzler Tue 19-Apr-05 19:40:15

Have packed little packs of sultanas as suggested by several MNs.

She is not consistant with what she likes to eat - I have a real job at home cos one minute she'll eat something the next she wont.

Never mind. Will raid the cupboards. If I can't find anything she will have some of ours and something at the airport I'm sure.

Cooperoo Tue 19-Apr-05 19:41:10

Oh Fantastic you have the toilet thing licked. I think dd will still be in nappies for our trip this summer. We take things like grapes, cheese on toast (hmmm think too much cheese going on here), shreddies, yoghurt in a jar baby food, banana, bread sticks, bread, raisins etc. Just snacky stuff really. One day without a proper meal won't hurt. Packet of quavers or similar if your lo has them ... pasta and tuna in a pot...HTH

Shazzler Tue 19-Apr-05 19:48:35

Thanks Cooperoo. Good suggestions. Will pack stuff later. Am just enjoying some peace just now as I have been on my feet all day. Flight is at 7 so have to get up really early. (Yawn)

RTKangaMummy Tue 19-Apr-05 19:51:26

DS is nearly 10 years and has never liked airline food

BUT he eats absolutely everything at home and in restaurants etc.

So even with Virgin childs meal he won't eat.

SO we feed him at airport and that is all he has

Last week came back from California nearly 10 hour flight and he just drinks tomato juice, orange juice lemonade and water.

Much much happier with that.

Most important thing IMHO and IME is that they drink and drink and drink so they don't dehydrate.

Have a brill time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now