Talk

Advanced search

Anyone Live in/Been to BUCKINGHAM

(15 Posts)
Fimbo Mon 18-Apr-05 12:42:05

Would be grateful if anyone in Buckingham could point me in the direction of children friendly restaurants/activities etc. Is Bicester Village outlet worth a visit?. My dd is 6.5 and ds 16mths.

TIA

Fimbo Mon 18-Apr-05 20:16:35

Bump

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 20:22:26

Hi Fimbo - I could tell you a lot about Miltom Keynes if that's any help?

What are you exxpecting from Bicester Village? There re a lot of designer clothes shops, a clarks which is good for kids shoes, bookshop. No toyshop - used to have one.

Big childrens playground which will amuse dd1

Pret a Manger, starbucks, hot pancake stall, Italian delicatessen/cafe for food, Tescos complete with cafe next door, Burger King/ Little chef place on main road at filling station, hungry horse type pub opposite Tescos.

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 20:25:51

here's a link for bicester village

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 20:31:03

Stowe gardens are nice for a walk if the weather is good

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 20:33:01

stowe here

Fimbo Mon 18-Apr-05 20:36:16

Thanks for your help Iota. Is MK far from Buckingham? We are staying at Buckingham at the Travelodge over the May bank holiday because I managed to get it for £10 but know nothing about the area. We live in Norfolk but are originally from Scotland and dh wants to visit as many places around England as possible whilst we live down here.

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 20:49:29

HI Fimbo - MK is about 15 miles from Buckingham - about 20-25 inutes. MK has a a huge shopping centre, a snowdome with indoor ski run, bowling alley, restaurants. multiplex cinema. It's called the Xscape. Here's a link

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 20:51:22

Woburn Safari Park is just outside of Milton Keynes - again a good place for kids.

Buckingham itself is small and quaint, but I don't know much about it.

Silvestone is very close to Buckingham as well.

Fimbo Mon 18-Apr-05 20:54:07

Thanks again Iota,
Certainly doesn't look like we will be stuck for things to do as Mk is so close.

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 20:55:58

Buckingham is also about 40 ins from Oxford (popular with foreign Tourists, so dh may want to see it?) Woodstock and Blenheim palace - again major tourist places...

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 20:56:45

40 ins? I mean 40 mins

Yes there's loads to do round here

Fimbo Mon 18-Apr-05 21:06:45

Went to Oxford last year on the spur of the moment when holidaying at Stratford-Upon-Avon, would have been ok for dh & I but couldn't find anything child friendly to do. They didn't even have anything at the Tourist Info Centre - you had to pay for all their leaflets!!

Thanks for all your help, its very much appreciated.

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 21:06:47

seeing as I am the fount of all knowledge, if you have any questions just ask.

iota Mon 18-Apr-05 21:08:44

The MK link has loads of info on it - if you want child friendly Gullivers is a good bet here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now