Talk

Advanced search

Long weekend in Isle of Wight? Where to stay?

(11 Posts)
Rhumba Mon 18-Apr-05 09:36:49

I want to take DH and DS (2yrs old)to the Isle of Wight for a long weekend. We've all had a bit of a rough time recently as I've had awful morning sickness and Dh has had to to everything. We could really do with a good break and I was thinking of a hotel that was child frendly, offered childrens tea and baby listening and maybe had a swimming pool (oh and good food!!). We may take the bikes so maybe somewhere not on the top/bottom of the hill.

Anybody got any suggestions? Don't want to break the bank but would like somewhere fairly comfortable.

RTKangaMummy Mon 18-Apr-05 10:09:10

If you want to avoid hills don't go to Ventnor

Don't know a hotel though sorry.

You will have brill fun though

love IofW

Marina Mon 18-Apr-05 10:12:50

Not sure if the Seaview is outside your budget, but it is child-friendly, has a pool and a brilliant restaurant, and is on the flatter eastern side of the island
Sandpipers in West Wight is also in a flattish but there is a longish climb east on the coast road to get out of Freshwater. Sandpipers also doesn't have a pool although there is a nice public one in the village nearby.

grumpyfrumpy Tue 19-Apr-05 09:24:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lolski Tue 19-Apr-05 09:29:45

You can get the Isle of Wight accommodation guide from www.islandbreaks.co.uk.
We got an apartment from there last year and had a lovely time.

donnie Tue 19-Apr-05 14:55:05

We have stayed at the old park hotel twice and really liked it - very good for kiddies and nice facilities - ask to stay in the new part of the hotel as the accomm is better there.They do kids' teas and have baby monitoring etc...a bar, restaurant ( although the food is very uneven...).They have an indoor swimming pool too.

Rhumba Tue 19-Apr-05 21:30:49

Thanks for the tips. Dh is probably more excited by a good resturant which may mean the seaview. (especially as i 've just heard we're getting a bonus to celebrate the company's 125 anniversary)

Sorry Donnie what do you mean by the food being uneven (am I being thick here!)

bluesky Wed 20-Apr-05 09:07:10

Seaview is lovely and on the top floor they have an apartment (great for if you have littlies). Can't remember it having a pool though! Kids teas great. Food delicious, location lovely, my two just loved watching all the big ships/ferries go by at the bottom of the hill.

donnie Wed 20-Apr-05 10:16:49

I mean that some evenings it was pretty good but others quite poor ! the children's teas were always good with a big range of hot and cold things plus fruit, yoghurt pots, bread and butter, even jars of food for babies and no tidying up afterwards! so as long as you aren't expecting haute cuisine you'll enjoy it.Most parents would buy drinks from the bar when accompanying their kids into the kids 'teas.

iota Wed 20-Apr-05 10:23:41

we've stayed here with the kids - on a hill, not specifically for children, but they were made welcome, but the food is great

Rhumba Mon 25-Apr-05 20:58:12

iota, the Royal looks good and my time out guide recommended their resturant. they have a pool too...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now