Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going to Italy

(6 Posts)
Mhaimi Fri 15-Apr-05 19:39:03

Hello
I'm travelling to Italy for a wk, the first half in Florence and Tuscany, then onto Rome, any tips on child friendly places for a lively 4yr old boy an eighteen yr old daughter and a lost mother and partner would be gratly appreciated
Ps going May 15th

Chickyboo Fri 15-Apr-05 19:54:24

In my experience the whole of Italy is child friendly.

albert Fri 15-Apr-05 20:02:12

We were in Florence in January this year and my DS who was 4 then really liked going up the clock tower by the catherdral, no elevator just steps, I thought it might wear him out...but no, only me! Don't bother with the art gallery unless you want to queue for hours (3 when we checked) Your daughter can check out the fashion shops! Will you have a car? Pisa is another huge hit with DS but there is a minimum age limit to go up (8 I think) so we've never gone. Sienna is also a really lovely place and in Rome DS loved running about in the Forum. Don't bother to go in the collesium but do go and look at it. The Vatican is brilliant (and again DS raced to the top of the cathedral whilst I nearly collapsed) - might be a bit busy this year though! Lots of brilliant shops for your daughter and of course sexy Italian men for her to gaze at! Really, I don't think you an go wrong with kids in Italy, the Italians love them - I should know, I live here!

Mhamai Fri 15-Apr-05 20:12:40

New to mumsnet, so dont know if u will get this msg but thanks for advice

Thomcat Fri 15-Apr-05 20:13:42

Where in Tuscany are you going?
We went to San Gimingano (sp?) last year.
Found it v friendly. Everyone I spoke to before I went all said how the Italians generally all seem to love bambinos.
Sounds like you have a wonderful holiday planned.

Mhamai Fri 15-Apr-05 20:25:14

Thanks Thomcat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now