Talk

Advanced search

Tips for keeping 3 yr old happy on holiday please

(9 Posts)
desperatehousewife Thu 14-Apr-05 16:50:40

Going to quiet little place in Turkey for 2 weeks. Has pool, beach and kids club - so wer'e pretty sorted.

But it's a 4 hour flight, an hour transfer. Any ideas on little cheap toys/games I could pack for him as a surprise to keep him occupied.

Just bought a couple of sticker books and some new story books to give him.

Never been on holiday with him - any tips on keeping a child happy on holiday?

Earlybird Thu 14-Apr-05 17:32:53

Print out some colouring pages from the internet, and take along a pen/pencil case filled with crayons, felt tipped pens, coloured pencils, etc. Also take along one of those travel size erasable etchasketch boards.

desperatehousewife Thu 14-Apr-05 17:33:57

good one

bundle Thu 14-Apr-05 17:36:17

fuzzy felt, wikki stix, stickers, an old walkman with some stories on tape

desperatehousewife Thu 14-Apr-05 17:37:35

oooh bundle, yes, thank you!

bundle Thu 14-Apr-05 17:39:37

i also got dd some cards which you can play snap with - you can get them with bob the builder, incredibles etc(we have princess ones!) from places like smiths. even if he doesn't "get" snap, he might like looking at them

Trinab75 Thu 14-Apr-05 20:54:51

I returned from a trip last week which involved a 26 hour journey back home with my 4 year old.

I was dreading it and had a goody bag packed for him with lots to do, such as snap cards, travel games,Mc donald's toy's, colouring books etc, but I found my son was happy to sleep or look out of the window, as he was so excited by the travelling.

There were quite a few young children on our flight and most of them seemed content, so I would not worry too much. I am sure he will be fine.

honeypot01 Fri 15-Apr-05 09:00:47

im sure he will be quite happy just being on a plane, dont worry too much as im sure he'll be amused if anything like my 3 yr old!

Hulababy Fri 15-Apr-05 09:06:43

WE took DD on a 9/10 hour flight to Florida last year, at 2y3m. WE took lots of little games and toys with us, although TBH she just enjoyed walking round the plane, spotting (imaginery) things out of the window, listening to story time on the plane's audiio channel and watching Shrek2 on the video screen (once she had worked out the headsets).

We also took with us:

3 or 4 books, colouring pad and crayons, a tiny weeny train set (bought for about £1 at one of those poundland shops), sticker book, magnetic play scene set, couple of toy cars, little dolly, teddy, travel magnadoodle type thing. WE also had some alphabet flash card type things - not for learning the alphabet but they had lovely pictures on them, so we would look at the pcitures and talk about them and make up stories about them. And we played our own little games - like a versoion of I spy (something red, something very small, rather than letters).

Have fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now