Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Package holiday users - quick question.

(11 Posts)
ja9 Wed 13-Apr-05 14:54:56

I'm just about to book a holiday for dh, ds (will be 9mths) and myself.

For transfer from airport to resort by coach, do you just have baby on your knee? Or is it advisable to do the journey a different way ie taxi/hire car and take a car seat.

TIA

tassis Wed 13-Apr-05 14:57:00

gosh how exciting - tell all!

Expectantmum Wed 13-Apr-05 14:58:25

Think you usually just have baby on your knee, but not been abroad with a baby yet. I guess for safety the idea thing would be to book and pay for a taxi transfer and take your car seat, although it will add to the amount of equipment you will need to take with you.

Chuffed Wed 13-Apr-05 15:04:05

I feel comfortable with baby on knee with a large coach as there are no seatbelts a carseat isn't going to do a lot if it flies off the seat.
There was a thread a while back about safety in large coaches/buses and it was very good.

Pamina3 Wed 13-Apr-05 15:43:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Waswondering Wed 13-Apr-05 18:58:58

My only concern about taking the car seat would be scary baggage handlers chucking it around the airport.

Good luck though - and have a fantastic time!

Goldfish Wed 13-Apr-05 19:29:05

Hi ja9, where did you decide to go in the end?

ja9 Wed 13-Apr-05 19:55:55

we're staying at Blanc Palace (4*) in Sa Caleta. This is a small resort. I chose it primarily because it is only 2 km from the beautiful Ciudadela and I fancy lovely strolls around there in the evening with ds asleep in buggy (aaahhhh, [dreamy expression]) We got a fantastic deal... and there was quite a selection to choose from... we could have got 3* AI for £650 for dh, ds and me all in!!!

Goldfish Wed 13-Apr-05 20:23:26

Hope you have a great time. I took my dss to Menorca when they were 3 and 4. (They are 10 and 11 now). I look back on that holiday in Menorca with real nostalgia. We have to go to action packed places now, football tournaments, theme parks, its all go now. Oh for those nice relaxing strolls and bucket and spade days.

Goldfish Wed 13-Apr-05 20:23:47

Hope you have a great time. I took my dss to Menorca when they were 3 and 4. (They are 10 and 11 now). I look back on that holiday in Menorca with real nostalgia. We have to go to action packed places now, football tournaments, theme parks, its all go now. Oh for those nice relaxing strolls and bucket and spade days.

Goldfish Wed 13-Apr-05 20:24:28

Sorry for repeat post, finger trouble

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now