Talk

Advanced search

Car hire at Faro airport

(10 Posts)
JimJammum Thu 19-Feb-09 15:36:40

Can anyone tell me which car hire companies have their pick-up/drop-off depots right outside the airport? Have checked the website but can't see. I know there are a couple that are almost just outside the arrivals hall, and I really don't want to do the whole bus-trip to car pick-up, queue for 2hrs nightmare like I had last year. Just can't remember which ones are onsite.

CoteDAzur Thu 19-Feb-09 15:46:41

We used Hertz and it was right outside the door. I think it was Hertz. Better check.

chrysanthamumm Thu 19-Mar-09 22:40:39

Economy Car Hire had pick up/drop off in car park outside airport last Summer (no official area, their counter clerks just directed you to where they were all parked).

AnyFucker Thu 19-Mar-09 22:44:48

just about every car hire company had a desk/office in/just outside Faro airport last summer

certainly any company you have heard of will be right there

DadInsteadofMum Fri 20-Mar-09 13:44:33

Most of them have little buildings just outside of the terminal buildings, but the cars are parked some way off. Even if you have told them what time you are arriving the car may or may not be waiting for you with the associated delay if they have to go and get it.

JennyJenkins Sun 19-Jul-09 15:35:36

Most of the companies have collection at Faro Airport. One time we used BestDeal, and this year we used this English company www.carhirefaroairport.com

There are often car shortages in Faro in summer, so you will probably get a better price if you book early.

charis Sun 19-Jul-09 15:55:24

just got back. we used eurocar and got a rubbish car (filthy and totally shagged), and they charged us 50euro for bringing the car back at 3pm instead of 12. So I don't recommend them angry

the big companies with their places outside were sixt, guerin and hertz.

Bean74 Sun 26-Jul-09 20:49:13

Just resurrecting this thread. Charis - with Hertz do you have to get a minibus or is it a quick walk to where the cars are?

smartiejake Mon 27-Jul-09 03:50:31

We always use this company in the Algarve. Seems expensive but is totally all inclusive and very reliable- there are no hidden extras. Best thing is the cars are collected and dropped off at the airport and no huge queues to collect your car when you arrive.

DadInsteadofMum Tue 28-Jul-09 13:21:57

Hertz are 50 yards outside the terminal in an air conditioned cabin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now