Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alcudia, Majorca

(6 Posts)
LouBeeLou Tue 12-Apr-05 12:19:52

We have just booked a holiday for summer 1/2 term to Alcudia, Majorca. I have been before, but many years ago as a child. We are staying in the Bellevue apartments (with DP, DD 6yo and my sister 15 yo).

Just wondered if anyone has stayed there and could tell me a bit about the area and things to do?

TIA

Goldfish Tue 12-Apr-05 15:27:13

We haven't actually stayed at the Bellevue but have seen it and been in the grounds. We have been to Alcudia twice with the kids and they loved it. The Bellevue is actually on the main bit of road with all the restuarants and shops. All the restaurants are really child friendly with play areas and the beach in Alcudia is lovely - white sand and shallow sea. If you come out of the main entrance of the Bellevue and turn right you will find the beach, turn left for the main shops and restaurants. I am sure you will love it.

Joanna3 Tue 12-Apr-05 15:29:28

Hi Loubeelou. Have you looked at the holidays uncovered website? People write very detailed descriptions of hotels and resorts so might be helpful

KathH Tue 12-Apr-05 17:50:16

we stayed at the bellevue about 4 yrs ago - it did have quite bad reviews on holidays uncovered but we actually thought it was fine! It is very basic and can get quite busy but if you're like us on holiday and just want a pool and somewhere to lay your weary head i'm sure you'll like it. Be warned tho, there were millions of scratchcard sales people at the gates 24hrs a day!

kid Tue 12-Apr-05 17:55:59

We went there 4 years ago too. The big lake next to the apartments smelt horrible, but only if the wind was blowing in the wrong direction. Also, there were rats by the lake, only a few in the 2 weeks we were there but we had a good laugh watching sunbathers running! (we watched from our balcony of course!)

The entertainment was very good I thought, they put on shows each night (they were repeated the next week) There was a fantastic chinese restaurant we found. If you come out of the entrance and turn right, its over the bridge and is above the steak house.
Hope you have a lovely time.

LouBeeLou Wed 13-Apr-05 12:26:35

Thanks all - I will check out holidays uncovered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now