Talk

Advanced search

Travellers Cheques or Cash

(8 Posts)
Shazzler Mon 11-Apr-05 23:07:45

We are going to Ischia, Bay of Naples on the 20th. It is a full board hotel, we are staying for 11 nights and are not sure whether to take travellers cheques or cash.

My DH thinks cash is easier because he is not sure that there will be many places to change the travellers cheques.

I think I would prefer travellers cheques for saftey but not sure how much to take.

What a dilema!

Shazzler Mon 11-Apr-05 23:22:03

Anyone?

hana Mon 11-Apr-05 23:39:03

think tc are a bit old fashioned - my sister was visiting me last summer and brought them - she had a hard time finding places to accept them. Why not use a hole in the wall?

SueW Mon 11-Apr-05 23:42:43

Not travellers' cheques. I'm surprised they even exist any longer!

Check how much cash you are covered for on your travel/home insurance and take that much. You can get any extra through cashpoints.

lapsedrunner Tue 12-Apr-05 10:02:53

Just use a cashpoint card, much easier.

JoolsToo Tue 12-Apr-05 10:04:14

neither - credit card

onlyjoking9329 Tue 12-Apr-05 22:24:05

if you bring any travellers cheques back then cash them in you dont get the same rate back, i found 100 euros in hubbys sock drawer from years ago value 72 quid, i only got 64 quid back thou, i would take cash and use card/ hole in the wall

Shazzler Tue 12-Apr-05 22:29:03

Have ordered some TC's now. Didn't look at site before I did.

DH has now suggested using cards - bit late now though. why don't they say anything when you ask them in the first place?

Thanks for all the advice. Wish I had logged on earlier, did not know that you could use switch abroad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now