Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

salcombe in june with a 1yr old and his grandparents, any tips?

(4 Posts)
alibo Mon 11-Apr-05 13:55:39

would welcombe any advice from anyone who knows the salcombe area, eg child friendly places to eat, visit etc. thanks in advance!

alibo Tue 12-Apr-05 19:43:26

bumpity bump, there must be some mumsnetters in south devon!!??

bensmum3 Tue 12-Apr-05 20:39:44

Hi , I don't know it very well, my brother used to live at East Prawle, not that far away. The coastal footpath is lovely if you have good weather and a backpack to carry little one in. There are some nice pubs for bar meals, sorry can't remember any names. If the weather is grotty, there is a theme park near Totnes, called woodlands (ball pools,animal farm etc) and another ? sorley tunnel nearer kingsbridge, but I've not been to that one.
If the weather is good you have lovely beaches around salcombe and you can take a little ferry across the bay. Gara rock is one of my favourite places, also has a nice hotel that used to do good food (not been for 10 yrs). I hope someone else will be able to help a bit more !

alibo Tue 12-Apr-05 20:49:00

thanks bensmum3, will keep woodlands in mind, as the english weather can be unpredictable, even in lovely devon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now