Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Late holiday deals abroad - how late do you leave it?

(10 Posts)
unicorn Fri 08-Apr-05 16:48:27

me again!

Has anyone(in previous years)left booking the summer holiday to the last minute and got a really good deal.. if so where, and how much?

unicorn Fri 08-Apr-05 19:13:05

anyone?

hana Fri 08-Apr-05 19:23:12

we went away for the first week of sept last year to rhodes - me and hubby and dd who was 3. Less than £500 for the week - was self catering - can't remember who it was with sorry doesn't erally help you does it

gingerbear Fri 08-Apr-05 19:30:13

once packed bags and went to Manchester airport on spec.- booked holiday at travel agents there for flight that evening (no DD though).

169 for a week in Majorca.

crunchie Fri 08-Apr-05 19:58:30

The biggest problam is the kids With dh we booked about a week before for a skiing trip, and did Corfu on the weds, to leave the Sat.

It depends just HOW flexible you are. Kids make it harder TBH and n school holidays I wouldn't risk it. Now we tend to go camping, in the whitsun week we went to france last year, booked about 6 weeks before and it was v cheap. This year we wanted a particular area (last year was full booked when we went) so we booked in advance and paid about £70 more for the holiday. So I guess depends where and when you are going and how many of you are there.

oooggs Fri 08-Apr-05 20:08:15

I booked a holiday to Futurenventura (sp?) at 2pm and left 9pm that night. £152 each for 1 week half board. But no kids.

unicorn Fri 08-Apr-05 20:44:34

fraid we can't dumpt the kids!!..
and it is August we are looking but there must be some cheapo late deals - even then??

amylou Sat 09-Apr-05 11:42:58

The only thing with getting a late deal with kids is that you have to pay adult price for them. last august I got a £500 each for a fortnight half board in majorca at a complex type hotel. I was orginally just going to go for a week and it was only £50 more for a fortnight! so which option do you take??!! Think I booked it about 3 weeks before.

annh Sat 09-Apr-05 12:11:51

Agree that the kids makes it difficult. We thought about doing this last year, in the end didn't, but as a matter of interest I still kept looking out for good deals - we were also going in August. TBH, I was glad that I hadn't waited as there were deals available but they seemed to be at the more expensive end of the market so even with a good discount, the holiday was still going to be expensive. Also, if you leave it late any kids clubs tend to be booked up.

biglips Sat 09-Apr-05 12:14:07

i left it 10 days before we went as we looked on the teletext and decided to go.... but what a bargain we got though as everyone who we met (on the cruise ship) we paid half of what they had paid months beforehand i couldnt help grinning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now