Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

travel insurance for my 77yr old mum!

(11 Posts)
triplets Thu 07-Apr-05 23:45:52

Hi everyone,
I haven`t been on here for ages! We are now taking my 77yr old mum and my brother on holiday with us to Majorca in May. I have to get them both a weeks travel insurance. My brother is still recovering from a car acident 3 yrs ago, will that bump up his prmium? My mum is 77 and so far all the web sites I have found won`t insure her, too old! Help!

triplets Thu 07-Apr-05 23:46:29

should have been premium!

jampots Thu 07-Apr-05 23:48:29

surely Saga will?

lilsmum Thu 07-Apr-05 23:50:08

i dont know about your brother, but my grandmother is in heart faliure and is 77 too, and she got her travel ins from the post office, it was more expensive but they did insure her

lapsedrunner Fri 08-Apr-05 06:59:54

My Mother (75) has used the Post Office twice recently with no problems, including a claim for cancelling flight as my Father was ill.

Hausfrau Fri 08-Apr-05 08:46:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MeerkatsUnite Fri 08-Apr-05 09:28:15

Hi

If your brother is still receiving any hospital treatment as a result of the car accident he had three years ago, this will have to be declared along with any pre existing conditions either of them may have.

I would personally not rely solely on an E111 form for travel insurance, this just gives basic care.

Would suggest you get travel insurance from an insurance company instead. Try Columbus, they're usually pretty good.

happymerryberries Fri 08-Apr-05 09:29:49

Saga will

LIZS Fri 08-Apr-05 11:27:12

My mum uses Post Office too.

Lara2 Sat 09-Apr-05 20:04:00

triplets - just got my Which? magazine and has great article on travel insurance.
Anyway, their best buys for a single trip(15 days ) to Europe for anyone aged 75+ are:
First Rate Travel £23
Lloyds TSB - £32 this is their online price, but it's cheaper to phone apparently
Barclays - £35 online price, cheaper to phone
Columbus Direct Super - £37 only available over the phone

Hope this helps!

triplets Sun 10-Apr-05 00:10:49

Brilliant Lara, thank you. Well thank you all. I have frustratingly been on line doing all the right things then told phone them anyway for a quote! Will try those of yours Lara, a huge thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now