Talk

Advanced search

CAMBRIDGE-Child Friendly Restaurants Please!!

(13 Posts)
Fimbo Thu 07-Apr-05 20:07:50

Going to Cambridge for the weekend, can anyone recommend any family type restaurants? (we have been to Browns before).

Thanks

cazzybabs Thu 07-Apr-05 20:34:12

Pizza express

The Cambridge Blue if the weather is nice - is a pub with a garden

The Free press= PUB yummy food not so good with very small children as is quite small

Yippe's noddle bar - OK if your child is older (but does have high chairs)

The fort St George (pub) - again nice is the weather is nice and you can sit outside and laugh at the rowers

(Dp is jiggling - he wants to use his compouter and as I am blantly not wriitng my eassy I had better go - shall think of somemore I am sure. )

How old are your kids? What food do they like?

cupcakes Thu 07-Apr-05 20:36:41

My friend and I took our toddlers to Zizzi's (spelling?) which is a pasta restaurant (chain) looking over Parkers Piece. They were great with the children, really friendly. And the children loved the pasta and garlic bread.

Fimbo Thu 07-Apr-05 20:43:54

Thanks Cupcakes, I think I have seen the place you are talking about.

Cazzybabs thanks for those suggestions. My dd is 6.5 and ds is 16mths, both will eat most things.

If all else fails there's always the delight that is Nandos!!!!

cupcakes Thu 07-Apr-05 20:51:13

It is on Regent's Street (I think...) If you're coming from the Cathedral it is on your right before you get to Pizza Hut!

Fimbo Thu 07-Apr-05 20:52:32

Thanks for that

cupcakes Thu 07-Apr-05 20:52:55

Having said that, I don't even know if Pizza Hut is still there... Well, before you get to the University Arms Hotel then!
Have a good time! (you can do some shopping in baby Gap seeing as Gymboree is gone now )

Fimbo Thu 07-Apr-05 20:55:36

LOL @ Baby Gap, thats the only reason I am going so I can spend 2 whole days in there!!!

cupcakes Thu 07-Apr-05 20:58:57

Am envying you then. Have just been looking at their new stuff on the website. I want this turtle t-shirt for dd but even the website reckons they're sold out already...

Fimbo Thu 07-Apr-05 21:02:53

Let me know your dd's size and if they have it in Cambridge (on the off chance) I will buy it and send it to you. I will be going to Scotland in the summer so will keep an eye out there as well as they have a couple of big Gaps in Edinburgh.

cupcakes Thu 07-Apr-05 21:05:43

Fantastic! Thank you, Fimbo! She's probably an age 3 in Gap clothes (even though she's only just 2 I find them a bit small for her!).
You star!
Have a fab time!

Fimbo Thu 07-Apr-05 21:08:48

Thats ok, will CAT you Monday if I get it.

posyhairdresser Thu 07-Apr-05 21:35:04

All the restaurants at the new Leisure Park are v child friendly - Nandos, Pizza hut, Bella Italia, Frankie & Benny's.

There is another Bella Pasta at the millpond too.
there are 3 pizza expresses and the Jesus Lane one is by far the nicest. Efes - turkish, King st - they love kids there. Don Pasquale - Market Square. Filling Station - Bridge St. There really are LOADS of child friendly places - I eat out a lot with dd and have never felt unwelcome in a restaurant.

Have a great time!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: