Talk

Advanced search

Toronto: Daytime or Nighttime flight?

(4 Posts)
cacaboo Thu 07-Apr-05 14:45:16

We are planning to travel to Toronto (from London) this summer with DS who will then be 17mths.

Coming back we have the option of a daytime or nighttime flight. Does anyone have suggestions or experiences as to which might be easier?

We could probably afford to purchase an extra seat for DS on a nighttime flight if we go with a charter airline, is this a good idea, or not really worth it?

Also does anyone have experiences flying Air Canada?

MeerkatsUnite Thu 07-Apr-05 16:50:07

Hi Cacaboo,

Have flown back from Toronto with Air Canada into Heathrow and found them to be very good.
Would look into what AC can do re a seat with regards to your son; they may provide a bassinet.

Personally speaking I would go for an early evening flight return from Pearson (Toronto) to get back into the UK early the next morning. Its quite a quick flight back from Pearson - around 6 1/2 hours depending on winds.

hana Thu 07-Apr-05 17:15:14

nightflights much better with kids i think. your son will be too big for the aircot thing. air canada pretty good - any flight returning from canada is bad because of the time difference (as opposed to going there) also check out the one way fares now - yhey tend to be more expensive one way with charter airlines - hubby was going to do this - fly out with one airline and return with another because of dates and times (he is returning earlier than me and dds) but it was goin to be a lot more expensive.
have you looked at zoom or canadian affair? their prices aren't bad ( I know that wasn't your question!)

cacaboo Wed 13-Apr-05 08:57:03

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like overnight is the way to go, and early evening sounds good - fingers crossed DS could sleep in the car back from Heathrow if we arrive early in the morning. (Well I can hope!!!)

We've seen that canadian affair have some good offers (that's what I meant by charters) but I didn't know about zoom, will check them out, thanks for the tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now