Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hen night ideas please!

(10 Posts)
WibblyPigRocks Sun 01-Feb-09 19:34:42

Ok, so I need hen night ideas - there will be two in total - one for about 30, one for about 9.

One of these will def be a karaoke night. The other prob a weekend in a city. Not too expensive but something special. No strippers.

The hen in question loves food, wine and music.

Does anyone have an fab ideas/experiences/advice? I want to be able to do something really memorable!!

BouncingTurtle Sun 01-Feb-09 20:24:41

Well for mine I had a group of about 10 friends.
We watched Pirates of the Carribbean, then went into town and had a few pre dinner drinks, then onto a really nice Mexican/Italian/Spanish restaurant with flirty waiters for dinner (where they made me eat a phallus-shaped bread and down a flaming Sambuca!) then we did some karaoke. Pretty cheap night out, restaurant wasn't very expensive and my friends (unprompted) paid for my meal.
I also went on a hen night in Dublin, got cheap flights with Ryanair, stayed in a Days Inn on Rathmires road, again pretty cheap. There was 5 of us. We had an absolute ball. There were 5 of us. We went in January, happily although cold it stayed dry.

BouncingTurtle Sun 01-Feb-09 20:25:53

Oh my hen night was in Sheffield - most of my friends live there, I live elsewhere. I went on a hen night in Leeds couple of years ago and it was shit.

noonki Sun 01-Feb-09 20:39:29

I could give a good list of where not to go!

(Brighton/Blackpool/manchester for starters all pretty grim as filled with hen dos)

Where are you?

How about York?

Leslaki Mon 02-Feb-09 19:01:21

Glasgow is fantastic!!! Especially if you get dressed up in a coat made out of toilet paper flowers and carry a bucket around!!! Various 'charming' men in pubs will put money in your bucket to kiss you or your hens!! You have a fab nite out and make some dosh!!! tends only to be in the less salubrious areas of town tho I'm sure town centre would cope with it all too!!!

moondog Mon 02-Feb-09 19:02:24

Don't.
It's as naff as naff can be.

saggyhairyarse Mon 02-Feb-09 21:01:49

Where are you/B2B?

WibblyPigRocks Tue 03-Feb-09 11:38:29

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I guess I'm looking for something a bit different - we are in Essex.

Leslaki Wed 04-Feb-09 18:55:05

Don't worry Moondog - it was meant as trongue in cheek!!!! wink I had a fab hen night in Glasgow and not a toilet roll coat in sight!!!!

thumbwitch Wed 04-Feb-09 18:58:47

pole dancing is a newish hen night activity - give that a go! Lots of exercise, good for a laugh but do it enough ahead of the wedding that tbe bruises on everyone's ankles have time to fade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now