Talk

Advanced search

Dubai

(7 Posts)
toddlermum Tue 05-Apr-05 17:06:47

We are thinking of going to Dubai in the summer holidays. DD will be 5. She is fine in the sun - I would of ciurse be extremely careful re sunblock etc.

Are we mad?

Has anyone else done it and lived to tell the tale?

All contributions gratefully received!

LIZS Tue 05-Apr-05 17:11:10

It would be blisteringly hot and very dry though - take refuge in the airconditioned hotels and shopping malls. We went in October one year and walked off the plane at 3am to 90o. During the day it was still too hot to walk anywhere but fine for the pool and relaxing. dh's aunt lives there and comes to uk for July and August every year just to get respite from the heat.

fuzzywuzzy Tue 05-Apr-05 17:46:40

Personally would not reccommend Dubai unless your going during December, January, Fabruary early Marchish after that it's just suffocatingly hot. Mind you I can't bear the heat.

toddlermum Tue 05-Apr-05 22:53:43

Bump - anybody else?

hazlinh Wed 06-Apr-05 02:38:12

i think all the arabs actually flee dubai during the summer months because it gets too too hot!

hazlinh Wed 06-Apr-05 02:40:24

i know a lot of them come here to malaysia where i am living now, in the summer. and that's despite malaysia's temperature being around 36 degrees celsius!!

MABS Sat 16-Apr-05 19:02:47

Been in Dubai most months and would only really avoid July and early August. To be honest, it was hotter there last yr first week of May than last wk of Aug!! They are so geared up for it. Any other questions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now