Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What car seat can I take on a plane?

(8 Posts)
allatsea Mon 04-Apr-05 22:01:20

We're flying on an Airbus 320 which apparantly have seats which are 18" wide. DS has a maxi cosi priori car seat - does anyone know whether or not this will fit, or can anyone tell me a car seat which will fit?
Thanks!

sansouci Mon 04-Apr-05 22:03:53

I had this problem too & ended up buying a new carseat which was accepted on one airline but not on another! Check with the airline(s) before you buy...

allatsea Mon 04-Apr-05 22:06:24

BA say just make sure that it fits on the seat, although elsewhere I have read that some do fit because the widest part of the seat is above the level of the armrest on the plane. Which car seats do you have?

allatsea Tue 05-Apr-05 12:57:47

can anyone help me with this?

elliedragon Tue 05-Apr-05 13:08:13

Sorry cannot help you with the car seat as a novice myself. We are going on holiday in May, is it recommended that they have a car seat (I have 2ds aged 4 and 2)?

allatsea Tue 05-Apr-05 13:17:17

I'm taking DS, 15mo he certainly won't want to sit on my lap so we've opted to buy him his own seat, but because he's under 2 he has to have an approved car seat. DD, aged 3 can use the airplane seat as is

elliedragon Tue 05-Apr-05 13:19:23

Thanks allatsea. Gone are the days of only buying 2 seats on the plane. Good luck with the carseat.

californiagirl Tue 05-Apr-05 21:00:55

On another thread, I referred you to
http://www.carseatdata.org/csnumbers.html which says the Maxi Cosi Priori is 19" wide. Which doesn't help all that much, but it does say it's likely to be a tight fit at best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now