Talk

Advanced search

should i go for it!

(7 Posts)
k9kuts Mon 04-Apr-05 13:28:27

ive got the holiday bug at the mo much to dh despair!b4 dd was born we travelled alot,had dd in jan & she really is as good as gold,now i love the idea of a family hol abroad b4 i have to go back to work,but dh says we could spend the money on other things (he is so sensible)but you only live once ive read all the advice on the site & it doesnt seem so scary now!i no deep down dh would love it so im considering just booking it for his birthday in june,what do think good or bad idea &any ideas were we can have a nice family hol as cheap as poss & a relativly short flight

Cristina7 Mon 04-Apr-05 14:04:09

Our first holiday with DS was a long weekend in Rye when he was 3 months old. We then went to Cyprus when he was 8 months old. No problems in either case. Have fun choosing a destination.

swedishmum Mon 04-Apr-05 15:52:05

Going on holiday is always high on my list of priorities and I'd certainly try to fit it in if I were you. My dd was born last year in Jan and as dh travels for work we went too. Did New York at 6 weeks, Dublin at weeks, Switzerland at Easter and Bahamas at Easter. Baby was no problem - wouldn't do anywhere like Venice (no good for buggy) or Vienna (appalling attitude of many towars children) but go for somewhere relaxing. If bottle feeding get a travel steriliser that does 2 bottles - I've tried every method and this is least hassle - and take enough milk as it varies a lot (I'm sure you know this). Be prepared to stay under cover in the heat of the day and if it's really hot consider a UV filter for buggy (urchin uswed to do them - useful anyway). I wouldn't go for self - catering but somewhere with outside romantic cafes, good cheap wine and lots of locals to fuss over your lovely baby! Chance would be a fine thing for me... romantic? With 4 kids??

ediemay Mon 04-Apr-05 16:09:08

Do it! We have travelled all over the world with DS and still need new staircarpet! I think Italy is hard to beat, they love children so much and it is so easygoing. Wherever you choose, have a lovely time!

k9kuts Tue 05-Apr-05 16:27:22

thanks for all the info,dh has finally given into my nagging & agreed we can go.id really love to go to italy as my gf was italian although dh isnt keen he says its to expensive i think its more to do with all the handsome men though!anyway i think we have agreed on portugal or my auntie has a villa in spain which she has invited us to,that would be cheap and we would have a built in baby sitter to!i cant wait to book it but dh as sensible as ever says we should do it last minute oh well at least he said we can go so i wont push it!

Yorkiegirl Tue 05-Apr-05 16:37:05

Message withdrawn

honeypot01 Sat 09-Apr-05 18:36:55

Sounds nice idea, don't think be much fun thou, with sterlising, bottles blah blah blah! Personally i think i'd go to maybe a holiday camp, as obviously cant do anything, and go abroad next year. Just my thoughts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now