Advanced search

Calling Canadians...

(7 Posts)
Gem13 Sun 03-Apr-05 17:15:45

I'm thinking about having a summer holiday in Canada (probably Toronto) but the fares are very expensive in August.

Have tried BA, Zoom, Air Canada as well as Bridge the World, STA, Expedia.

Any suggestions please?

Gem13 Mon 04-Apr-05 08:58:17

Any Canadians around now?

hana Mon 04-Apr-05 09:01:31

try canadian affair - also cheap. I've booked for August/Sept and they were the cheapest. Trouble is the fares start out quite cheap in May June and escalate until the summer holidays are over, then drop back starting in Sept. It was cheaper for me to go for 5 weeks than 3....but I'm not complaining. Are you flexible with your dates?

Gem13 Mon 04-Apr-05 09:05:21

Not really. I'm trying to go when our childminder is off so that I don't have to take extra time off work or pay more money!

I'm trying to sort out a house exchange too and most of the houses I'm interested in have children of school age so want the summer holidays too.

hana Mon 04-Apr-05 09:58:06

gem13 - some school districts in ontario go back in late August - there is a bank holiday in canada called 'labour day' ( can't think of actual date, usually last monday in august or first in sept) so most families would be back then

Gem13 Mon 04-Apr-05 14:26:26

Checked out Canadian Affair and they were the cheapest I've seen but it's still £1,600 for the 4 of us!

Linnet Tue 05-Apr-05 00:31:39

Globespan is another one that you could try. A friend of mine flies to Canada with them all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now