Talk

Advanced search

help! Anyone booked a package holiday just to use the flight?

(6 Posts)
keziah Sat 02-Apr-05 16:21:29

We've booked a holiday and now find that we can't get a flight there except from a very distant airport at a terrible time of day!
I just found a package holiday thats really cheap and its on the exact dates we need and from the right airport.
Has anyone gone on a package just for the flight then said they are going off to their own accommodation? Maybe i am naive and loads of people do it. I just don't want to end up stranded or in trouble!!
Thanks x

franke Sat 02-Apr-05 16:37:13

Sounds like a good idea to me. I can't see what can happen if you pay up in full and have a valid return ticket for the flight. It's really none of their business if you a) get to their accomodation under your own steam (or not in your case) and b) choose not to spend any time in that accomodation.

LIZS Sat 02-Apr-05 16:43:50

Don't think you'd have any trouble although you may pee off the rep if they hold a transfer coach for you ! Someone I once worked with only spent the odd night at the hotel they were booked into and then arranged other accommodation and travel independently.

Might be worth looking to see if the Flight only is available on that same charter flight though -could be cheaper still. Some operators have that option on their website. They'd probably be happy just to fill the plane.

tiredemma Sat 02-Apr-05 19:01:14

i used to work overseas for a major tour op, you can book the package just for the flight.....but it would be a good idea if you tell the rep of your plans, the tour operators have to advise thier duty offices of any no shows in accomodation, its just to be on the safe side for your return flight. you dont want the tour op re-selling your return seat to someone else.

keziah Sat 02-Apr-05 19:41:26

Thanks very much everyone! I don't want anything to go wrong. Just imagining hell of being stuck abroad with four little children and four months pregnant!!! Great advice so thanks x

lisalisa Mon 04-Apr-05 16:38:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now