Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest holiday villa sites...

(16 Posts)
unicorn Thu 31-Mar-05 15:33:22

Anyone recommend any good sites with a view to the summer holidays?

Greece/Portugal/or anywhere near a beach and cheap really.

MissChief Thu 31-Mar-05 15:45:29

Been looking for same thing. following might help:

individual traveller - for villa search

www.expedia.co.uk

simply travel - not so cheap but less hassle also can get childcare in some places.

www.babygoes2.com has some good links.

bubblerock Thu 31-Mar-05 19:27:24

A couple of years ago we booked through www.villadeals.com which was part of Thomson we booked a huge villa in Portinax (Ibiza) for approx 200.00 in August. The Villa was in the 'magic of spain' brochure and should have cost at least 1500.00 for that week! We even had a welcome food pack and our own pool! We got some friends to come with us and split the cost booking cheap flights ourselves, it worked out cheaper than a package deal.

Whizzz Thu 31-Mar-05 19:44:23

we used this site twice for holidays in Spain - both times - brilliant

Good in that it gives you prices per property & not per person BUT you have to add on your flights (some come with a car too)

unicorn Thu 31-Mar-05 20:13:21

So is it worth trying to book something now - or last minute risk - late deal?

What do people recommend (for cheap as chips factor)?

allatsea Thu 31-Mar-05 20:37:13

we're off to mallorca in may and used
this site very friendly and good value

unicorn Sat 02-Apr-05 00:10:16

I am getting confused now...
anyone know who's the best travel mumsnetter?(in terms of family holidays etc)

I need someone to tailor make me a holiday..cheaply !!!!

(maybe Mumsnet should do a sideline - Mumsnet holidays..???????)

JanH Sat 02-Apr-05 00:15:54

Holiday Rentals has properties everywhere, wide variations in price and facilities.

We have only used it once, for a villa in Costa del Sol, were v happy with it though

unicorn Sat 02-Apr-05 00:19:54

of course tis internet queen herself JanH...

Cheers mate!!! - now can you sort out a cheap villa, not too far from uk (but sunny and warm please) in the August summer holidays for 2 adults 2 kids.. near beach.

ie. a low maintenance, cheap holiday!!!(get the idea we are broke?!)

JanH Sat 02-Apr-05 00:21:50

Hi, unicorn!

The villa is probably easier to sort than the flights, in August - what airport are you near?

unicorn Sat 02-Apr-05 00:22:29

Heathrow is our best option...
gatwick 2nd... then er Stanstead I guess.

JanH Sat 02-Apr-05 00:36:33

It's v hard to find details without specific dates and requirements!

Just had a quick google and found flights to Faro from Gatwick with expedia - £61 each (+ taxes though) - easyjet from Gatwick to Athens looks similar - that's each way, each, though. Not cheap at all.

What about driving to Southern France? Would be much cheaper...

Tinker Sat 02-Apr-05 00:42:28

Not used them but seem reasonable

unicorn Sat 02-Apr-05 00:42:39

nice idea but ye gods - my kids, and driving distances in our shabby car = not an option.
(unless I want to go completely mad, as opposed to partially!)

Probably end up back here in blighty again.

Just felt this year maybe a trip abroad may be an option.

(anytime in August, <I know, awful time> is when we want to clear out!)

JanH Sat 02-Apr-05 01:00:33

How about Keycamp ?

12 nights in tent, 19/8 onwards, min £735 (there are always extras) - mobile home £915 - but it says under special offers that if you book before 30/4 you save 40%.

That includes basic Channel crossing and if you went to the Vendee (below Brittany) it wouldn't be too far to drive.

The things I've been looking at have been c £600 just for flights for 4 people - there would probably be cheaper deals at the last minute but would you want to risk it?

unicorn Sat 02-Apr-05 18:06:04

Ta Janh..
they always look quite interesting - but have never worked out a proper costing, always seem to be lots of additional things...

Someone was mentioning Croatia as a cheapy place... anyone recommend anything here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now