Talk

Advanced search

travel sickness...

(5 Posts)
bea Thu 31-Mar-05 09:57:31

in your experience do your dd's/ds's get travel sick?

we're going on a 2 hour ferry crossing and dd is 3 and ds is 1 and they've never been travel sick before... which is more than i can say for me!!!!

sunnyskies Thu 31-Mar-05 10:13:32

Hi BEA DD used to be terible-we would get to the end of the road and he would puke - DD never had a problem but recently needs the window of car open if in casr for more than 5 mins but with a ferry crossing it may depend more on how calm the sea is more than anything - Happy travelling

sunnyskies Thu 31-Mar-05 10:14:10

DS used to be terrible not DD - sorry

binkie Thu 31-Mar-05 10:21:10

Think it depends on the kind of ferry, as well as the weather - we've just been on a long crossing on a big boat and dd was totally unaffected - this is a child we have to swaddle neck to toes in a towel for car journeys.

Though I must say she has not been sick in the car since we got her some travel bands (little elastic wristbands with a button that presses on what is apparently an acupressure point that controls nausea). You can get them in Boots, and they'll probably also sell them on the ferry.

Shazzler Mon 11-Apr-05 23:02:45

DS gets very travel sick. He was sick as we landed in Rhodes when he was 2. I was covered and had to stay in those clothes all the way to the hotel on the bus! Lovely.

I now give him piriton (2.5ml) before he travels and it seems to help. The doctor advised this as he was young and travel sickness medicines were not recommended.

My dd is 19 mths and we are flying on the 20th so I am planning to give them both some before we fly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: