Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone in Melbourne?

(12 Posts)
carras Wed 30-Mar-05 10:28:03

Hi, am new to this site and as it seems so helpful and friendly, was hoping someone might be able to help! We are visiting Aus in May and going to Perth and Melbourne, have sorted out accom in Perth but am a bit stuck with Melbourne and wondered if anyone could suggest good place/area to stay with 2 boys (5.5 & 1.5) TIA!

carras Fri 01-Apr-05 07:36:26

Bumping for any Aussie mums!

suzywong Fri 01-Apr-05 07:37:59

I'm in Perth

I have a 4yr old and an 18 month boys so if you want someone to show you a fantastic playground let me know

carras Fri 01-Apr-05 12:14:04

Might just take you up on that! We are staying in Fremantle for a week, before going on to Melbourne. Very excited as we've been granted residency visas so checking out where we like best, leaning towards Perth at the moment as it sounds great with kids!

suzywong Fri 01-Apr-05 12:27:56

it is fan-bloody-tastic with kids, it really is

please feel free to contact me via mumsnet

I'm sorry but I don't recognise your name from Mumsnet, but don't let be a hurdle

<seriously, life is sooo good here, I'm sure the secret is going to be rumbled pretty soon>

carras Fri 01-Apr-05 12:34:37

Have just joined, so only posted on this thread so far, but will defo contact you, thanks for that.

KoalaBear Fri 01-Apr-05 12:37:17

carras, i'm from melbourne, but currently living in Oxfordshire with my english hubby and son - what sort of accommodation are you looking for? how long will you be there? what sort of things are you looking to do?

carras Fri 01-Apr-05 12:46:24

Hi koalabear, we are looking for an apartment near the beach really for a week, want to be somewhere wirh plenty to keep kids busy, found a place on Paterson Lakes that looks good - do you know if its nice spot? We'll be going into the city as well to zoos, museums all touristy things, but am leaning towards staying on the outskirts a bit.

KoalaBear Fri 01-Apr-05 13:06:30

Paterson Lakes is quite a way out, very suburban, south of Melbourne city, and inland a little way, so it would be a car/train/bus ride to the beach, and about an hour into the city.

If you wanted to be closer to the city and on the beach try places such as St Kilda and Port Melbourne - both of these have easy links via tram into the city. I think kids always love the tram, so that's an added bonus.

I will talk to a few friends there and see if they can come up with some more detailed suggestions for you.

I love Melbourne - miss it alot. You lucky thing!

carras Fri 01-Apr-05 13:12:32

thanks for that, will look at those two, they sound better, don't want to be miles away, boys will love the tram like you say!

KoalaBear Fri 01-Apr-05 13:13:41

have you flown that distance before? who are you flying with? do you have a stopover?

carras Mon 04-Apr-05 11:17:19

Hi again koalabear, sorry ju7st seen this. flying with singapore airlines, not flown this far before and bit nervous with the kids but have got night flight so hopefully ok. going via singapore and have got about 5 hours there, before going on to Perth.
have scrapped the paterson lakes one and looking around st kilda at the moment, have emailed about a couple of place to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now