Talk

Advanced search

Dh says we can have a family holiday!!!!

(17 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Tue 29-Mar-05 22:27:34

Dh has said he has enough holiday left for us to take a weeks' holiday abroad with dds in the summer holidays. . Fantastic!
Haven't booked anything yet but will go to the travel agents on Saturday to see what is available. We want to get something as cheap as possible and don't mind waiting until very last minute if needs be.
Where shall we go??? Ooooooh!

swiperfox Tue 29-Mar-05 22:29:09

Excellent news!! Sounds like just what you need Go and get yourself a huge pile of brochures!!!

SPARKLER1 Tue 29-Mar-05 22:57:27

Would love to try and fly from our local airport in Bournemouth but will just have to see what is available at the right price.
I quite fancy Cyprus as never been there before and it looks so lovely. May well be a greek island though as we've been to Greece a few times before and enjoyed it.

moondog Tue 29-Mar-05 23:01:54

Youn jammy thing! Haven't you just come back from some major gallivanting??!

Try somewhere new I say!!

SPARKLER1 Tue 29-Mar-05 23:02:40

LIZS Wed 30-Mar-05 09:16:55

If you want to fly from a regional airport though, you may find suitable bargains more difficult to come by. There may be only the odd seat left on the limited flights so harder to accommodate families together.

Sounds great though

SPARKLER1 Wed 30-Mar-05 09:20:44

LIZS thats what we thought. Ah well shall see what comes up.

DelGirl Wed 30-Mar-05 09:27:43

Hi Sparkler. It's great flying from Bournemouth, so easy, it makes such a difference being so close to the airpost, especially when you get back. How about booking flights and hotel etc separately? Much cheaper i've found though you do need to spend more time on the net looking instead of going into a travel agents. I could do with some sunshine but hey, i'm having a baby

desperatehousewife Wed 30-Mar-05 09:39:37

oooh sparkler - my dh has just said the very same thing. we've not had a proper hoiliday since having DS (2.7yrs old) and we are skint. But DH has said sod it, let's put it on the credit card and get more in debt. And I say thank the lord! Am so totally utterly gagging for a holiday, think I might go loopy nuts if I don't get away. We need to do something as cheap as poss...have been researching on the web - bloody hell holidays are expensive!

We're looking at Turkey cos everyone says they are just so fantastically kid friendly and the cost of living once out there is the cheapest you'll find.

let me know how you get on and where you choose.

slug Wed 30-Mar-05 18:22:15

Slovenia, Slovenia, Slovenia. Went there last year and had an absolute ball. Easyjet fly there, the food is Italian/German/Hungarian, so will suit even the most picky eater and it's incredibly child friendly as well.

Check out lake Bled, the caves and Postjana. here

We hired a car for a week, though quite frankly we could have happily stayed in one place for the whole time. The country is only as big as Wales, so you can get to any attraction on a day trip.

tiredemma Wed 30-Mar-05 19:48:01

id say slovenia/croatia etc aswell. selling like hotcakes at the moment at work, excellent for families and exceptionaly cheap.

SPARKLER1 Wed 30-Mar-05 21:48:25

I'd never even thought about going there - shall definiately have a look into it it though thanks. x

Merlin Wed 30-Mar-05 22:11:18

Hi Sparkler - you lucky thing! If you book your flights and accommodation separately have a look at this site www.ownersdirect.co.uk (can't do a link sorry!) We've booked a couple of places through here and they've been fab!! Got cheapish flights from Bournemouth as well, have a look at Bath Travel and now there's also Thompson Fly which seem to have some good deals. Happy Holiday Hunting!

lunavix Thu 31-Mar-05 16:13:53

Yes I'm interested too!

Looking at Turkey/Slovenia...

desperatehousewife Thu 31-Mar-05 16:22:11

just booking turkey at the moment - oh my god, I am so excited! never been to turkey and i think it's going to be nice and cheap once we're out there.....la la tra-la-la...[mad dancing around happy faced can't believe my luck icon]

lunavix Thu 31-Mar-05 16:29:06

Where you going desperatehousewife?

And if you don't mind, how much is it costing?

We're thinking august/september, on a bit of a budget though...

desperatehousewife Thu 31-Mar-05 16:46:46

going to Akyaka in Turkey - Cheapest I can get for (3 of us) for 2 weeks in May is £738. Bowled over by how expensive holidays are - been to my mum and dad's cottage in france for last few years so haven't had to 'book' a holiday. Yikes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: