Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

4 nights in New York but 2 yr at home with G&G

(3 Posts)
emmajlh Tue 06-Jan-09 14:20:52

hi,

my husbands firm did well last year and so they are planning a weekend away at the end of jan for the husbands and wives. So currently looking like a 4 night break in new york. it would be completely free.

i've only left my 2 yr old daughter 1 night (twice) when i've had to travel for work.

she would stay with her grandparents, whom she adores and who look after her 1 day a week anyway, but i've really no real gauge of whether she would be ready for 4 nights and G&G's she's only ever stayed 1 night before.

Does anyone have any experience of this? is 4 nights too long? will i cope? will my daughter be fine or will i be paying for it for the next 2 months?

want to say yes to going obviously but want some views on whether other people did this and it was fine or did it and regretted it.

i know every child is different and i think on the whole my daughter is a very confident little girl and adores her G&G.

ten10 Tue 06-Jan-09 14:30:10

My ds stayed with granny for 3 nights, when he was 12mths old and we went for a city break to Venice.

He was fine, in fact loved it, and she loved it too.
but he has always been fine with not being with me 24/7, i.e. not clingy when I go off to work and will happily go off with granny or grandad for a day or afternoon.

I did make sure that he had his blanket and cot bumper, so that he felt at home in her cot and also took some familiar toys.

ten10 Tue 06-Jan-09 14:48:19

Forgot to say that we had a lovely time, but did talk about DS almost constantly, particularly over dinner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now