Talk

Advanced search

going to Florida tuesday - can't get my head round what to pack?

(14 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-08 18:05:20

The forecast on the internet is showing about 25/26 degrees. IS that shorts and t shirts weather? or is it bikin weather? I can't think straight today.

TIA

mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-08 18:14:14

just realised, the DCs will need sandals huh? oh heck. Never again will i book to go on holiday this close to christmas sad

mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-08 19:31:21

bump

bellaBuonNatalevita Sun 21-Dec-08 20:00:54

Yes it is shorts weather during the day or cropped trousers and bikinis, but I would take something heavier to wear on an evening because it will get quite chilly.

My boys wore trainers going round the parks and flip floppy things around the pool.

I hope you have a lovely time.

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 21-Dec-08 20:17:56

Take some long trousers and jumper too. The weather can change over a few days. (Last year it reached just above freezing and ended up buying gloves and sweatshirts, lol)

You can, of course, buy things there although not as cheap as once was sad

Have a lovely time. envy

mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-08 20:20:47

thanks very much bellaBuonNatalevita. I can go now and raid the children's wardrobes while they sleep and get started.

mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-08 20:21:49

sorry, crossed post with you DHToo. Thanks for your message too. I'll make sure I include some warmer bits.

mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-08 21:15:48

I've just read your message again more carefully DHToo. Freezing?? Gloves??? What the heck??

KbearingGiftsWeTraverseAfar Sun 21-Dec-08 21:17:35

take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me <<pleads>>

Buy anything you haven't got in Wal-mart - they have sandals, everything you will need. I don't know what the weather is like but take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me take me

mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-08 21:25:41

do you know Kbear, the sad thing is I don't want to go and I would gladly let you go in my place. The DCs are being really hard work and Dh and i are not getting on at all. I think it's going to be the holiday from hell sad

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 21-Dec-08 21:42:42

Yes, freezing, lolgrin

Had lots of days sunbathing and swimming and some when the weather was about 5deg.

We favour Target for our shopping (grin) but similar to each other.

Whereabouts are you going?

Hope once you are there, you will all relax and enjoy yourselves.

mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-08 21:51:54

We're renting a friend's villa at Eagle Point, Kissimmee.

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 21-Dec-08 22:11:42

Ooh, near disney. How exciting.

Disney at christmas is magical.

mckenzie Mon 29-Dec-08 01:16:29

as I was so negative about this holiday I just wanted to add a message to this post to say it's FANTASTIC! We are all having a great time and time and weather is 80/82 so theshorts and vest tops have been out every day so far. smile Thanks for your supportive messages last week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now