Talk

Advanced search

Anybody know anywhere good to stay in/ near BradfordonAvon

(7 Posts)
Twiglett Tue 22-Mar-05 10:33:09

Twig family have been invited to a wedding mid-July and I need to find a family room that won't break the bank for 2 nights (baby, 4 year old, DH & me) in / nr BradordonAvon

wondering if any recommendations?

yoyo Tue 22-Mar-05 10:37:35

There are some good places in Devizes which isn't that far from Bradford -on -Avon. We stayed on a farm in Poulshot and had two rooms and a bathroom for £50. Not swanky but clean and owners were lovely. Fab breakfast too. Can't remember name of farm but will see if I kept details in old filofax.

If you do a Google search there are some nice places just outside Potterne too. More upmarket and therefore more expensive though.

sacha3taylor Tue 22-Mar-05 10:48:04

I live in Bath, near Bradford upon Avon. I can't think of any hotels off the top of my head but if you don't want to pay too much - stay away from anywhere in the centre of town, it generally is expensive due to all the tourists we get. There is a Travel inn, I will try and get an adress for you.

sacha3taylor Tue 22-Mar-05 10:55:58

There is a hotel in Bradford called Leigh park hotel, you could try. Am I allowed to give out a phone nunber?

bossykate Tue 22-Mar-05 11:00:49

woolley grange is in bradford on avon - v. nice but pricey.

sacha3taylor Tue 22-Mar-05 11:08:32

Limpley stoke hotel is great, I was going to get married there!!!! Not sure about prices though.

jenkel Tue 29-Mar-05 00:27:14

I originally come from Bradford On Avon, Wolley Grange Hotel is nice but soooo expensive. There is a hotel in the centre of town called The Swan, wouldnt imagine it would be that expensive but have no idea what it is like. Would avoid Bath, very touristy so a bit more expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now